[drivingpairs] Re: Quick Releases on Pole

  • From: Peter & Rachel Eldred <preldred@xxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 15:19:22 -0700

Ha! I use the Walmart dog collars (the adjustable black ones) as trace
carriers for the pair. They’re a snap to open, close and adjust, they’re
machine washable, and if I lose one, I’m only out about $3. They don’t bear
any weight, so I thought they’d make a good temporary alternative. Two years
later, I’m still using them.

As far as the pole straps go, I use quick-release trailer tie snaps on them.
There is no way they can open accidentally, although I can open them
quickly, and I figure if they’re meant to hold a thrashing horse, they can
probably hold up the pole and steer the carriage. I drive VSEs by the way.

Just my .02.

Rachel in BC

   _____