[drivingpairs] Quick Release question

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:25:36 EST

I think Mike has given the correct answer below and Jay has added correctly
to it too. I have the same experience. I use them from the endring of the yoke
directly into the D of the breastcollars, and yes, on very rare occasions one
has come open, but I suspect, probably due to the reason as Mike described
below, that the pin wasn't closed fully and properly before.

But let me add one more small tip: Same as on the traces, I have the pin
swiveled around so that it opens to the INSIDE, not to the outside, since it's
more likely that something might catch on the outside and pull it open. This is
more the case with the pin on the outside trace, which should always show to
the inside, so not to be pulled open by brushing a post or bush or the like,
but
it can happen also with the quick release on the yoke / breastcollar. So
always: Pin-pull to the inside.
Hardy