[drivingpairs] Question

  • From: "Debbie Buick" <found1farm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:33:23 -0500

A pair question for those in the know. I drive two Morgans, mother/daughter, about the same height, but the mother is about 4 inches or more longer in the body. I have their pole straps adjusted the same length. The pole always seems to slant toward the shorter bodied horse on the right, so it points crooked, and is messing me up in cones. Their traces are the same length. If you were looking at them from above, I would think the longer horse is a little ahead of the shorter bodied horse, as their butts look pretty even from where I sit on the box. Also the longer bodied horse's saddle is ahead of the shorter bodied horses.

Should I shorten the traces on the longer horse? At a clinic the clinician lengthened the pole strap on the longer horse, but that made the pole look more crooked towards the shorter horse. However it gave the longer horse more room to bend.
What do you think, pair people?

Debbie

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.14.20/234 - Release Date: 1/18/2006