[drivingpairs] Pairs Selection

  • From: "Anne Councill" <accouncill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "CD-L List email" <CD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:30:10 -0400

My contribution.

Dear Mr. Balch,
I'm writing to add my voice to the many who are upset about the driving
selection process, or lack thereof, in which no pairs were
deemed 'good enough' to represent the US at the World Pairs Championship.
The sacrifices and talents of the drivers and owners aside, the way it was
handled by the committee is just another reason why the
USAE needs to take over the team selection asap.
While it's risky to comment on a process I didn't watch unfold, it appears to
add to the many examples of how the USET has abdicated
any vestige of responsible leadership to the American Equine Community.  Every
time a horseman is insulted and treated badly it
reflects on all of us and does nothing to maintain and nurture a healthy
industry.  It only adds to the mistaken perception that
horse sports are elitist and arbitrary.
I sincerely hope that a solution to this situation will be forthcoming.

Anne Councill
@40 year AHSA/USAE member #5108, American Driving Society licensed official

Driving in Birch Hollow
Stewartstown, PA 17363