[drivingpairs] Re: Pair Trainers - Reply

  • From: "Claudia Novak" <novakc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:37:19 -0400

Hi all,
        As to pairs trainers, I can not more highly recommend Larry Poulin.
He is marvelous.  He put together my first pair of Welsh Cobs after training
each singles.  We worked together over a summer deciding IF they had pair
potential together. I decided after a couple of months that they did not
suit each other the way I wanted. Larry listened (this is VERY important)
and guided me every step of the way from harness, harnessing, vehicle and my
driving.
        I decided that my import Welsh Cob mare was better suited to
returning to my broodmare band not because of lack of talent driving singles
but rather her lack of motivation driving pairs.  My homebred mare seemed to
'shine' much more and is doing well singles awaiting her full sister to get
old enough to perhaps be part of the pair of my dreams.  We will see if she
has 'potential' this fall when she goes to Larry as a late two year old for
some light training....
        My homebred mare will be returning to FL with Larry this winter
getting much needed experience in singles and who I hope to do a couple of
FL CDE's with.  I need the practice much more than she since she did a great
job for Larry at Nature Coast last winter
http://www.dawnalisa.blogspot.com/.  Better to get MY experience singles
after a long time off from doing CDE's. Things are greatly different than
the 1980's when I did CDE's with single Sec. B Welsh ponies and road cart
for all phases <VBG>.  IT is a different world today.
Yours,
Claudia Novak
www.tangwyllt.com