[drivingpairs] New Trailer

  • From: "Marcia Stevens" <kotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Friends Of Pairs" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 05:32:55 -0700

Good Evening Fellow Drivers - - -
OK, lots of folks want to know about the new trailer so here goes...

I had this trailer in my mind for many years.  My husband LISTENED and designed
it with a computer program.  We went to Featherlite with the designs and they
said they could do it.  So, six months later here it is.  The front can hold my
two wheeled Milton Road Cart for Dressage and cones (or any other general type
of Road Cart) and it can hold my 4 wheeled marathon carriage, * at the same
time *.  Actually, we made it large enough to hold two four wheeled carriages.
These all get put on the trailer with a SIDE LOADING RAMP (!!!) * OR * We
designed it so that the rear tack area (which usually comes with saddle racks),
the stall divider and a stud wall between the vehicles and the horses that can
be swung back out of the way and everything loaded from the rear.  Yet to come
is a 50 gallon water tank, with outside fill and faucet.  During travel the
rear tack area wall locks back into place making room for the hay bags, water
buckets and other things needed during travel.  The best part are all the
"NICETIES" that makes travel better.  Drop down feed windows, four adjustable
vents, double insulated roof and insulated walls, loading lights.  Extra large
windows at the "butt" and in the vehicle area.  There are enough lights to play
cards inside during the evening. We ordered an awning and my husband just
installed an after market area light outside the loading ramp.  We are very
happy with all the workmanship and custom touches the company put in for us.
We loaded up the vehicles for fun tonight to see how everything fits.  Both
vehicles fit perfectly.  Lots of room for shafts, generator, the blanket bars
can be stuffed with blankets without interfering with vehicle loading and tons
of room for harnesses.  WE ARE READY TO HIT THE ROAD!   Hmmm.... one
problem..... I lost my driving horse about ten days ago.  My new Morgan boy
decided he is not a CDE horse!  So... back to saving for awhile to look around
for a CDE prospect.

Marcia Stevens

P.S.  Husband Mark said he would be happy to scan and send design to anyone
interested.  Please mail privately :)