[drivingpairs] Re: New Pair!

  • From: FriesianPrDriver@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:54:29 EST

Facing the horses, Nikita 10 yrs old, on the left, Isabella* 4 yrs old, on
the right.  They are sired by Pilgrim 336, out of Paolaa*.

Well, we took advantage of the somewhat deep (approx 16 inches) of fresh
snow, and pulled the sleigh out.  Being that the other half of my seasoned pair
is
off being a Dressage King at another barn, we decided that now was as good a
time as any to hook up the younger 4 yr old full sister.  (ie - much more drag
than a carriage would be!)  This was her first time hooked ever! .  She has a
terrific head on her shoulders, and after a few thoughts of leaping away,
settled right in and went to work.  She really got into it!  She had seen her
big
sister pull the sleigh all by herself earlier in the day, and is always the
first one at the gate wanting to come out and do something anyway, and had a
lot of under saddle training last year.  So...looks like we can play with horse
pairs again in the stallion's absence!  And, yes - I know we should have the
neck collars on with the drop pole, but we had to work with what fit!  Guess
I'll need to order another collar too.....Too bad we don't have a scaled down
version for the ponies to pull......hmmm....may have to go to Martin's........

Karen Wilkin
Star Cross Stable Friesian Horses & Sport Ponies
http://www.starcrossstable.com/
47 Yellowbrook Rd.
Freehold, NJ 07728
732-919-3827