[drivingpairs] More info about WPC

  • From: "Helen Roeder" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:10:20 -0500

    Helen Roeder
Sunshine Pony Farm,
  El Hasa Sport Ponies and
www.drivingpairs.com
----- Original Message -----
From: Jerry McLennan
To: helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:00 PM
Subject: RE: your letter

Below is a short msg from the McClannens re: the web site.   I'm also including
a better copy of their letter, in case some couldn't read it.

Helen

I've added a web address that everyone can check for scores after Beekbergen
and Reisenbeck and the Championship.

http://www.hoefnet.nl/pages-eng/index_eng.html

Dear Driving Friends

This is an update to keep all our friends in the loop.  We have just returned
from the last

two selection trials, winning the Can-Am show held in Bromont, just east of
Montreal, and more importantly beating Andre` Paquin (the fasted North American
by 12 seconds on the marathon!). The marathon there is almost as undaunting as
was the first Georgia event in Conyers.  Both were old three day event Olympic
sites. We received a call from Tucker Johnson, chairman of the Selection
Committee for the United States Equestrian Team last Wednesday, May 25
informing us that we had been selected again to represent the US at the World
Pairs Driving Championship in Austria the second week of September.  He also
asked if we would be willing to compete at a CDE in Beekbergen Holland on the
last weekend in July and another CDE in Reisenbeck Germany the first weekend in
August for additional European experience before the world championship
September 8-11.  After some minimal arm twisting we said YES!

We called the Keathley's in Tennessee where we were scheduled to spend
Wednesday night and were asked to be the "celebrities" at a driving camp at
Elizabeth's Cannon County Driving Center, and she put us to work helping her
with problem solving clinics, and a grooms clinic.  After a totally relaxing,
cool four days and nights in Tennessee we coaxed horses off the mountain and
headed home to Texas - and 98 degree weather.  I felt sorrier for the horses
than for us.

Now it is time to start consolidating and getting everything ready to ship.
Tentative plans are to leave Texas July 15 in order to fly out of New York in
time to arrive in Holland before the show.  Shipping fees have been promised
from USET, but additional expenses for the extended showing experience have not
been finalized.  We are currently waiting on USET's Wendy Wares-Cooke to make
travel arrangements or let us know we need to.

Soooooooooooo, we need to again ask for your financial support.  It looks like
$15,000 - $20,000 will still be the short fall.  Anything you can send will be
put to good use.  Frequent flyer miles can also be used as we will most likely
be going in and out through Amsterdam on KLM.  Tax deductible contributions can
be mailed to 2324 Clark Rd., Lapeer, MI  48446 made payable to "The ADS Fund"
and specified for Mike McLennan, or if the deduction is not desired, checks can
be mailed directly to us at 3000 Pecan Mill Ln., Brenham, TX  77833

Thanks again for everything.  We will do our best to make you proud.

Mike and Jerry McLennan

"TEAM TEXAS"

Serving the Shepherd, Loving His Lambs,

Jerry McLennan
    3000 Pecan Mill Ln.                                               Brenham,
TX  778

From: "Helen Roeder" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jerry McLennan" <jerrymclennan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: your letter
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:01:25 -0500

Hi Jerry,

No matter how I try, I can't seem to get a legible copy of your letter when I
scan it to an email. Is there any way you could write up something similar in
an email and either send it to me or to the list. If you send it to me, I'll
forward it to the list. The list server doesn't accept attachments, so that
won't work either. Thanks.

Helen

Helen Roeder
Sunshine Pony Farm,