[drivingpairs] Minis vs bigger guys

  • From: billbuk@xxxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:17:10 -0400

My farrier shares your comments. He has to get on his knees to trim the
little guys. But he is laughing the whole time. The little guys look him
right in the face with big brown eyes and he looses it. He can't believe
how tiny thier feet are. Unfortunately, he still charges me the "big"
horse price to trim!!!

With minis, we do everything you do with the big horses only in 1/4th the
time!! I can spray one side and then reach over and spray the other
without moving. I am only 5 feet tall and it was such a hassle for me to
get on my 15.3h horse. Now I can hitch up Boomer and we're off in the
cart. It's much easier on my knees (I used to do reining and barrel
racing) and my husband's nerves.

Thanks to everyone who has been sending me hints. As a beginner, I am so
mind-boggled with all I have to learn. But it sure is fun. I hope to
long-line my yearling mini later in the fall and teach the two boys to
drive together in the spring/summer. - carol