[drivingpairs] Re: Lorenzo's horses' breed

  • From: Jan Tobey <mars@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:34:29 -0800 (PST)

  http://www.lorenzo.fr/page2.html

  Here's the web site for "Lorenzo".  The video clip is copyright protected so
it can not be downloaded.  There is a 90+ minute video available for sale on
his site, as well as a book.  I have a friend researching to see if it is
printed in English.  The site gives the breed of the horses, his
transportation, etc.  ENJOY

  Jan

Sue Millard <sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone know the breeding of the horses?

My catalogue from the 2003 performances at Lowther says: "Lorenzo
travels with 8 grey geldings which are mainly Portuguese but also
Camargue bred."

Lorenzo's real name is Laurent Serre, born in the Camargue region of
France in 1977, and he started doing shows of this nature at local
fiestas at the age of 8. (That alone amazes me ... )

He said: "I like to see the horses working free so I can see if they
are happy and enjoying their work. My horses, they are individuals,
and I don't want to break their character. It is a team effort. Every
horse is different - one might a harder worker and one might be
cleverer than the others - but we have to work as a team."

Sue in the English Lakes
Intelligence is no defence against one's own stupidity
but it helps me to think up better excuses.