[drivingpairs] Re: Ice storms in North Texas

  • From: "Lewella Tembreull" <lewella@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:01:56 -0600

I rarely post to this list but got a kick out of this one Helen!  :o)  I've
driven I-35 in one of your ice storms and it wasn't fun!  I'll take 6 inches of
snow over that any day.

As for temperature changes, I'm in MN - on the 20th it was 50 degrees and
sunny.  Had ponies out lunging and doing other fun stuff (not with my pair
though - they had taken off to the back 40 to play so I had the stallion and
youngsters out).  Today is the 24th - it didn't get above zero all day today.
The ponies are covered in frost from their own breath and spent all day
standing around soaking up the sun.

Lewella
  I know =
  you guys think we're sissies down here, and laugh at us when we complain =
  about the cold.  But when you have the sun shining one day with 60 =
  degrees and the temps drop about 40 degrees within a hour, there isn't =
  enough time for the body to acclimate properly and it feels PD cold.   =20

  The fun part will be when we have to walk over to the barn......slippin' =
  and slidin' all the way.   The only ones enjoying this weather are the =
  geese, who make the rounds of our three ponds.  =20

  So to answer your question, I for one am NOT driving today.   Anyone for =
  some horse conversation?

  Helen

  ---