[drivingpairs] Re: Hungarian Style reinsmanship

  • From: "noel jones, aago" <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:01:36 -0400

Jodi,

When driving a pair the horse needs a direct and constant reference to
where it is at all times.  The harness itself provides this to the body
of the horse, while the reins then affect the balance of the horse.
Driving two handed means that the horses get conflicting signals from
either side of the bit.

Driving one-handed they have a constat reference point and can respond
more consistently to you.

If the horse needs less or more bit, adjust the rein buckles, to permit
the horse to act more comfortably within its relationship to its pair
mate.

It soudns as if you wish to control what each horse is doing, instead
the hroses themselves can figure that out with proper rein buckling.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa