[drivingpairs] Hey all, can you explain something for me???

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:40:42 EDT

There have been some good answers here already addressing some of the issues,
but let me just add, it seems to me, we have quite a few problems here coming
together and perhaps / probably more than can be fixed with just a few simple
posts on an internet list. We have training issues with the ponies, they are
pulling, leaning, don't travel straight, won't walk, won't stay upright, seem
to have had some of these problems already with the previous owner as we
learn, that one had worked on the leaning problem already with switching sides
"somewhat" successfully, and we have a beginner pair driver. So we don't really
know how much of the problems are with the ponies or how much of them are with
the beginner pair driver, either with his harnessing or with his driving. So
this is hard to fix with a few posts. Just like when you have a faulty switch
AND a faulty wire. Very hard to find and fix such problems when they compound
each other, and especially so for the layman. So I think this needs some expert
assessment, meaning some assessment by and perhaps lessons with an experienced
pair driver and trainer. In the meantime, working on some of the training
issues single certainly seems to be a good idea.
Hardy