[drivingpairs] Heel Chain Covers

  • From: "Helen G. Roeder" <sunshinefarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:52:40 -0500

OK, I'll bite!   What are Heel Chain Covers?   Never heard of them.   Where are
they used, and what are they for?   Surely, they aren't to cover the chains
worn by the horses, are they?  Boy, am I showing my ignorance!
Makes me remember the time I drove through a training barn on my way to the
stalls.   My horses were wearing crochet ear caps, with matching splint boots.
 The trainer stopped what he was doing (blowing one of those fire extinguishers
at a horse) and exclaimed, "What in the world are your horses wearing on their
heads?"   I'm still learning, so I guess I'm not dead yet.

BTW, are you remembering to add your location to your signatures so we can find
each other?

Helen
Whitesboro, Texas
home of El Hasa Sport Ponies