[drivingpairs] Go to Worlds with a Standardbred pair or four-in-hand

  • From: "Anya Getman" <agetman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 05:08:32 -0400 (EDT)

Help!  More driving horses that need homes! Apologies for those of you
also on CD-L ....

Val and Anna Bortoli even have that stallion that one lister's friend
wants!  Total sweetheart, esp. given his size.  Val and Anna where I used
to board, here in SE Michigan, are getting out of the Standardbred
business (times are getting tougher and tougher), and they have a bunch of
_wonderful_ registered  mares, geldings, and a well mannered, tall,
registered young Standardbred stallion, Skip's Last Skip, that they are
taking to an upcoming big standardbred auction.  They'd prefer good homes
for them, at a reasonable price.  They need to know before October 10
who's on the auction list, so I'll give you their direct contact info.
All are broke to buggy, many have raced, many are broke to ride, and the
the rest are currently being broke to ride.  My one boarder is agonizing
over which to buy between a mare and a gelding.  The 11 yr old mare, Bunny
Burner Too, was created with a $3000 stud fee, and is big, blackbay, and
looks like a very nice warmblood.  She's been ridden extensively on
trailrides, but has had a couple years off.  I just rode her again this
weekend and went down the road with her.  Smooth ride.  They are keeping
her older sister, Bunny Burner, as she was recently bred. The 7 yr old bay
gelding, No Bunny's Fool (the Bunnys' younger brother), is just so sweet
and calm, calm, calm.  Even on roads.  He has a lively trot.  Currently he
will not canter (he learned well at the track).  And both are sound.  Many
more are available, including VF Skipper Cor (Corvette), the homozygous
black son of my 24 year old.  He'll possibly make it to 15.3+.  Gwageous.
Floats like butter.  Older sister Cindy Megabucks holds local track
records, and her yearling son Michael is my 24 yr old mare's first
grandchild.  Last Skip's mother, Belmont Skipper, looks JUST like her
ancestor Hamiltonian, and was bought from some rich guy, and she has
impeccable bloodlines.  I had a picture of her and held it next to
Hamiltonian's famous painting, and it is uncanny. She won her first race,
but bowed a tendon.  When I had her at my barn as a possible surrogate,
she jumped a large yellow 2 wheel wheelbarrow just to join my one boarder
scooping a stall, so she's plenty fine now ;).  She makes HUGE babies in
10.5 months, and some of them are for sale, including a young daughter,
Skip n Skipper, that might still win at the track, they just ran out of
funds to try her (she's been to training).  Please let me know if anyone
is interested, and I'll try to get some digital pics up.  These are so
many closely related, wonderful tempermented horses, that could so easily
be paired up, and even 4'd up.  It may be a standardbred auction, but who
knows where some of them will end up .... they are being extremely
reasonable on price.  Very, very, very reasonable.  I was in shock.  And I
spent several years with these creatures, and am emotionally attached.
They are all so loving.  But I am zoning limited by a neighbor that counts
how many I have.

Val and Anna have a 4 horse gooseneck, slantload trailer to move them in.
We can all talk about shipping (I have a 3 horse slant).  I can pick you
up at DTW airport and keep you in a spare bedroom.  Lose your excuses, and
get that 2 or 4 you always wanted, for bargain basement prices -- horses
that know each other, and are turned out with each other.  And are
beautiful.  Even the big boys with noses :).  All bays, black bays, and
one black.  You can't beat these horses for sweet.  One of their recent
(this past year) geldings, William, has won $25K, so these are not
lunks.....

Tell Anna that Anya told you to call :) ... she'll correct my errors I'm
sure I made. Anna checks her email weekdays .... she's home by 7pm each
night. Long commute from her work.  They have a large indoor arena, and
they have sulkies.  I have a doctor's buggy, and am 20 minutes away, and
can keep a couple overnight.  I worship velcro, and my harnesses fit them,
but am missing draft sized blinker bridles, so please bring your own if
you have them ;) ... (does anybody have a couple beat up spare LARGE
blinker bridles I can buy?) ...

Both Anna and I are too swamped to make videos, but if you are really
serious, maybe we can _make_ time.  Problem is shipping delays.  Maybe
little clips on my website, but we're talking time for me and no
compensation.  If in doubt, fly on out.  Plane fare is cheap.  I'd rather
have you here.

Valann Farms: (734)783-2939 Anna Cairo-Bortoli and Valentine Bortoli
24467 Middlebelt Road, New Boston, MI  48164
abortoli @ meridianmap.com (delete the spaces I added for spam patrol)