[drivingpairs] Re: Foxhunting ala wagonette!

  • From: "Alpenland Haflingerhof" <alpenhof@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:51:55 -0800

Hi Carla

Thank you for that beautiful message, and the poem, which I enjoyed very
much!  I haven't ever been on a hunt, but I feel now that I understand what
it must be like much better, thanks to your lovely descriptions.  I wish I
could have seen your horses all rounded and arched - they sound wonderful!
A good horse is a treasure!

I usually only drive my teams of Haflingers in parades and for practice in
between, as I don't have a gooseneck trailer to haul everything in, so I
have to drive out from my house or haul the wagon and horses separately.  I
still enjoy what I do, but I would love to drive in open country sometime.
I dream of buying some land where I could keep a wagonette and haul my
horses for drives that would be more natural and peaceful.  Someday,
perhaps.

Thanks again for sharing!

Heidi Forchemer
Leavenworth WA