[drivingpairs] Re: Forum

  • From: "SLittle" <Salger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 05:59:03 -0400

I just signed on as a new user so hopefully I will get accepted as a member
:-)

  _____

From: "Anne Councill" <accouncill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [drivingpairs] Cones Courses
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 07:39:37 -0400

Hope this is an appropriate discussion for this list.  A word to the wise
and a tip to offer.  Be careful with pleasure show cones courses, some of
them are not well designed and are very difficult for novice drivers to
drive and punishing for green horses.  Give it the golf cart test when it's
set up.  If it doesn't flow in a golf cart you can't drive it with a green
horse.  Make it difficult by making the clearance a minimum amount not by
making the course twisty/tight.
Anne

Whooo hoo, man you got that right...   I just went to Mule Days up in
Bishop, CA to help out a friend.  I couldn't believe the cones course!  Lets
just put it politely that it was appropriate for a mini and not the big
guys.  However, on that note, a great many of the competators went 'clean'
on balls, but EVERYONE had a break of pace due to the configuration of cones
& distances between sets.  I was upset, but that's just me....the mule
people to their credit just shruged and said at least this year they put
NUMBERS on the cone sets!

Trish Demers
Lancaster, CA
Don't take life too seriously;  No one gets out alive.
Carpe Diem- Sieze  the day, lest the years imprison us