[drivingpairs] Re: Flyer modifications...another long one

  • From: "drivingpairs" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:56:16 -0500

" my pole is also hollow
> , and the crab will come off, "

Nancy,

The swivel inserts exactly where the crab goes, into the end of the pole.
The bar IS the tongue.   I had it made.   Don't know if they are available
already made.   I have two:   one is the same length as the distance between
the center of each single tree.   That one gets hooked to the middle "D"
ring on the breast collar.   The other is shorter and gets hooked to the
side "D" ring that is off center;  where you attach to the crab.   The
difference being that the crab is very short, rigid and so the horses pull
away from it..

I remember my carriage had that same bar across in back of the seat too.   I
took it off and exchanged it for a flat one that is  closer to the seat.
The "seat assembly" doesn't touch the carraige at all, except for hooking it
to that bar, and where it rests at the bottom.   So there is no rubbing of
paint.   Because it doesn't touch anything, it actually feels like it's
padded when you sit on it, because of the slight give.

Helen