[drivingpairs] Florida Horse Community Desperate

  • From: "Sharon Gorry" <swgorry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Automatic digest processor" <CD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:46:19 -0400

I have just received a frantic phone call from David Zucker of Saddle Trail
Park in Wellington, FL.  He called w/ a plea for help to get the word out.
Their community is almost out of water, still have no power and are not getting
any help or information from the Palm Beach County / City officials.  He said
he went to see the mayor and was refused a face to face, as well, was told
their community was last on the list of communities in line to be powered up,
and that they did not care about their livestock.
Granted, Mr. Zucker (whom I don't know, but got my number from the GEA message
line) is emotional and very worried about his and his community's animals so
could only keep referring to the fact that they are the ones who bring income
to the area because of Wellington Florida Circuit and Polo, but are getting
nothing back when it's needed.  He did say they were ok with feed for the
animals and that contacting the large animal rescue people in the area wouldn't
help as they are swamped.

Could someone in the area who is more on top of the situation apprise the list
of what any of us could do to help?  Maybe someone who has gotten their power
back could take generators over to them, as he also said generators are not to
be found anywhere.

I didn't know what else to do except post to the list and hope people who are
on other lists will forward to them if they deem it helpful.

Thank you

Sharon Gorry
NJ