[drivingpairs] Florida Driving

  • From: Dan & Deb Cole <woodlawn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 06:28:43 -0500

With all the talk of members sleighing already, I just had to share
our driving this week at the beach!  One of the local Commercial
Driving Company calls upon me once in a while to drive for them when
they over book jobs.  Seems the Ritz Carlton had a Convention and
wanted a Carriage for the attendees. So off to Amelia Island
Plantation on the Florida / Georgia Line I went with their 2 black
Percherons and a Sleigh!! Yep we sleighed up and down the beach for a
couple hours at low tide in the wet sand. Not as easy of a glide as
snow, but the Perchies handled it just fine, even thought it was 76
degrees!!! As an aside, my personal driving pair are 14.4 H Arabs
that i use a Beta breast collar harness with. Hefting draft collars
and leather harness is WORK!! Debbie Cole