[drivingpairs] Re: FW: cruelty issue

  • From: KNowak5170@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:56:38 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/2006 7:36:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
beverly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> We also should agree that PETA is not respected by any animal rescue
> organization that I know of...
>
> There are several other options to get help for an animal in distress...
>
> Sources that are not primarily interested in making a political statement in
> the media...
>
> I respect your view point even if it is diametrically opposed to mine.

I know this discussion doesn't belong on this list but I just wanted to say
that I agree with Beverly 100%.  We had a horrible abuse situation in Dutchess
County, NY a few years ago.  We got the media involved.  All it took was one
article in the newspaper and the problem was solved so quickly our heads spun.
Suddenly our local ASPCA was right in there doing their job.
Be very, very careful of PETA as they have some pretty crazy ideas of what
constitutes *abuse*.  You might find them turning on you because you braid your
horses mane.  If you think I am kidding, think again.  What matters to PETA is
getting on the news.
Karen