[drivingpairs] Dressage Arena

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:13:36 EDT

In a message dated 9/9/2003 12:27:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> The current FEI single test has a double deviation (one handed) up the long
> side. Dont the ploes get in the way of that?
> Also the FEI multiple test goes from the corner to X.
> Can you enlighten me?

The double deviation does not start at the corner, but at the next letter,
which is 10 meters from the corner. same with the FEI multiple test, it too
does
not go from the corner to X but from the next letter, which is 10 meters in
from the corner. See, and that's exactly it: So you are going along the
sidelines for 10 meters before you have to turn, and right at that 10 meters is
where
the 80 meter arena would start, so right there is where the pvc pipes lay on
the ground simulating the corner, but leaving a gap of a few meters at the
corner so you can drive there along the side lines.
Hope this makes it more clear. I wish I could draw it.
Hardy