[drivingpairs] Cowboy Country CDE

  • From: "Paul or Deryn Stewart" <stewarts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:26:46 -0500

Helen has asked me to tell you all something about the Oklahoma Harness
Horse Association's(OHHA) big plans.

Mark your calendars for October 24-26.  The venue has been moved to
Stillwater, Oklahoma and the Payne County Fairgrounds and renamed Cowboy
Country CDE.

The facilities are excellent with plenty of indoor stabling where you can
wash about 25 horses inside simultaneously with WARM water. Camping hookups
are available. Restrooms have showers. Stillwater is the home of Oklahoma
State University, and the town abounds with a variety of restaurants
(including world-famous Eskimo Joe's), clubs, and motels within minutes of
the fairgrounds.

We have engaged Marjorie Margentino as Course Designer, and work is in
progress clearing trails through the wooded areas and building hazards.  The
dressage arena is ready to be seeded.  The terrain is varied for the
sections.  The potential of the Payne County venue has been compared to Fair
Hill, The Laurels, and Gladstone.

This year we will have Training, Preliminary, and Intermediate Levels.
Long-range plans are to host an Advanced event in 3-5 years and eventually a
selection trial.

It goes without saying that we need a lot of help to accomplish these
aggressive plans.  You might like to advertise in our colored program or
make a donation to the event.  You will be recognized in the program and on
our web site http://www.insureokc.com/ohha.htm.  Contact Deryn Stewart at
580-765-8648 or stewarts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for more information.

Deryn Stewart
Stewarts Driving & Dressage