[drivingpairs] Coupling Rein Attachment and Loose Coupling Reins

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:27:21 EST

In a message dated 11/19/2006 11:03:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I am driving a green pair and I have noticed that the coupling reins seem to
>
> be a little loose and one pony seems to wander over to the pole a lot.  Is
> that because they are too loose?
> Any suggestions.  Thanks.

I can't asess it from here as I don't know how your reins are adjusted. Read
a good book on pair rein adjustment - like The Art of Driving by Max Pape -
and adjust your reins accordingly. I am not sure what you mean by "seems to
wander over to the pole a lot" but that certainly can't be because of a lose
coupling rein, quite the opposite, if he keeps his head over the pole, of
course
his coupling rein would then be lose. So you need to drive them forward and
into
the bit and have some contact.
Hardy