[drivingpairs] Re: Big Molly

  • From: "Helen @ DP" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:55:51 -0600

< Now that Beulah is single and will
be the leader? when paired she's trying her own set of rules. >

Perhaps, since she didn't have to think on her own, she hasn't learned how
yet.   If the other molly always did the thinking for her, I may not be a "I
don't want to problem", but an "I don't understand problem".    Also, like
Hardy said, she may not be the swiftest bunny in the back, because of her
breeding.   You may be expecting too much, too soon from her.   Give her
some time.   What may be "well trained" for the person who had her, may not
be "well trained" for what YOU want her to do.   She sounds like rather a
noble and sweet animal, not a stubborn and malicious one.   I'd give her the
benefit of the doubt and not assume she keeps going because she just doesn't
want to stop.   If she was an alfa, then perhaps, because she wants to stay
in contol.   But if she was not the leader in the other pair, then she's
probably not an alfa.    Sorry I'm not telling you what you probably would
like to hear, but that's my take on it.

Another solution would be to pair her with another leader.   Either way, she
sounds like a very nice, easy going molly.  Give her a chance to come into
her own.

Helen