[drivingpairs] Re: Beauty in motion!

  • From: "Sue Millard" <sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 11:49:16 -0000

Seems this video has made a real hit for Christmas - it's on nearly
every list I read! Terrific!

And Lorenzo is just as impressive when you see him in person, which
I've been lucky enough to do several times. He has visited the
Lowther Driving Trials in Cumbria (England) at least three times and
does two or three shows a day over the week-end. Yes, he does have
amazing strength, skill and showmanship, but also a special
relationship with the horses, which isn't just hype; for instance, he
checks each of them over personally in the warm-up ring, including
their shoes/studs. Some of the shows included the driving of six
horses with different pairs going over different jumps; for some of
the shows all the horses were entirely at liberty and only guided by
the long slender sticks he carried. The high jumps over the bar, and
the weaves through the brushwood "poles" and over sets of jumps
happen in every show, several times over. And I took dozens of photos

Of course, it doesn't hurt at all that he is a handsome young man
costumed by Yves St Laurent. You can imagine the screams from the
adoring teenage female fans as he gallops round the arena; the
response has absolutely nothing to do with the horses :-)

Sue

> thank you so much for posting that link....i love it !!!!!
>
> Wendy
> On 12/24/06, Helen G. Roeder <sunshinefarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > This video is awesome.   Thank you Milli Ann for sending it.
> >

> > http://www.dailymotion.com/video/1254371
> >

> > Helen

Sue in the English Lakes
Intelligence is no defence against one's own stupidity
but it helps me to think up better excuses.