[drivingpairs] Re: Ansel and Adam

  • From: "Seavilla Mike" <seavilla.Mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:45:43 -0700

The same thing would be accomplished if I had a long leadrope attached to
the halter, and everytime I saw him move foward, I pulled back on the
leadline. When he backed off, I'd offer him slack. Essentially, this is what
the evener would be doing automatically if I hooked it up right.

Is that the way you see it? Have you seen this done?

            That's it exactly.  I have driven/used this configuration
several times, mostly on farm equipment.  I've also seen it used in six up
and eights hitches. Adjust the line so that there is slack (better to have
too much than not enough to start with ,adjust as you go) when the horses
are in the correct position (reward; no pressure) and do all you can
reasonably do to keep the slow one up and helping.

(I think I'll pass on the pulleys as one concept at a time is about all I
can handle <<GRIN>>)

Thanks,

Carla

Walland, TN