[drivingpairs] A TRUE HOAX- warning

  • From: Bearcove1@xxxxxxx
  • To: CD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:34:17 EDT

We just go an e-mail of an order confirmation  charged to our AOL account for
flowers.
It said it was for Roses and looked like a lot of our other confirmations.
It said if the order was not valid

"click here to cancel"

Well it wasn't valid and my husband clicked to cancel and a big file started
to download to our computer.  He stopped it and deleted it.  Then notified
AOL.

So  ----- if you get something like this  -- DO NOT  "click here to cancel".
Just report it and delete it.

My husband and I both make a lot of orders via the web and some through AOL.
This is the first of this kind of hoax we have seen or heard of.

This is the first time I have sent this kind of e- mail to anyone about
hoaxes - so please forgive the OT subject but thought it might save someone
else.

Sincerely,

Lyn in Indy