[donspatch] 2006-11-15

  • From: "Don Guitar" <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Don's Patch" <donspatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:04:41 -0600

Don's Patch #58 from http://www.don-guitar.com  November 15, 2006

First word, from Don:

I may not be able to post our personal news page or the online
version of this ezine for a few days because FTP access to our
site is currently blocked and I haven't been able to determine
why.  I won't be able to upload anything until the block is
lifted and I've no idea how long that will take to accomplish
so, if you're in the habit of reading our personal news page,
check back once in a while, it'll be updated as soon as our
web host permits me to upload the page.

I've got a canker sore on the underside of my tongue.  I rarely
get one of these and have never had one under my tongue.
 It's very painful to swallow and difficult to eat anything.
I did some research on canker sores but it wasn't very helpful.
With treatment it should be gone in about a week, or, if I leave it
alone, it'll last about seven days.  *sigh*
http://familydoctor.org/613.xml
http://snipurl.com/126cy

In better news, the nice folks at Flashpeak have assured me
that yes, Slimbrowser works with IE7 so I can go ahead and
download IE7 if I want.   I don't use Internet Explorer, nor will
I but I really like Slimbrowser, which runs on DLLs from IE.
I've also downloaded Firefox 2.0 and I'll install it when I have
some time to put it through it's paces and check it out.

Eventually..........

Don

Don's feedback form:  http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html
Lisa's feedback form:  http://www.don-guitar.com/lfefo.html

Our personal news page.
http://www.don-guitar.com/babbleon.html

Don at myspace.com http://www.myspace.com/donguitar
Don's blog.  http://blog.myspace.com/donguitar

Lisa at myspace.com.  http://www.myspace.com/81825549
Lisa's blog.  http://blog.myspace.com/81825549

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

A few bright sparks.
http://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/freeware-hub.html

I couldn't find out who's site this is but some of the photos
are interesting.   http://www.abraysive.com/index.php

A pretty cool site for Aptiva owners.  I hated the music but my
stop button killed it.   http://members.aol.com/don5408/aptiva.html

Finding Information on the Internet: A Tutorial.
http://snipurl.com/76lm

The day after Thanksgiving is the first day of the holiday shopping
season and the biggest sale day of the year.   http://bfads.net/

How do you make money online?  By selling stuff.  What do you
sell?   Um. I don't know, but if you can draw it these guys can
help you sell it.   http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/

Artists helping children.   http://www.artistshelpingchildren.org/

The current image is the last on the list so there is no Next
but you can through the stack backwards using the Previous
button or take potluck with the Random button.
http://www.codedlanguage.org/index.php

These ladies seem to have a peaceful agenda.
http://www.codepink4peace.org/index.php

A very media intense artists site.
http://www.conorharrington.com/

Photos of Cornwall England.   http://www.cornwall365.co.uk/

Digital Camera Support for UNIX, Linux and BSD.
http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/linux/digicam.html

Do you get a lot of calls from telemarketers?  Lisa put us on
the (U.S.) national "Do Not Call" list and it actually worked.
https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Hey webmaster dude, don't say "click here".
http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/noClickHere

I won't discuss why I searched out these sites,
I'll just list them for your edification.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/arrogant.html
http://www.arrogant-worms.com/
http://snipurl.com/122b8
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-3737.html
http://www.ratemds.com/index.jsp

No, I didn't say 'dust in the wind' I said 'dust on the windshield'.
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/photos/062706dustart/
http://www.woostercollective.com/2006/07/amazing_car_dust_art.html

A site for gadget addicts.   http://www.engadget.com/

According to these folks I'm a Teacher Idealist.
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

The Everyman photo contest.   http://www.theeveryman.com/

A tutorial on rendering fractals.  I've got to admit that I
didn't read the article; I just looked at the pictures.
http://www.exsanity.freeola.com/fractals.html

How to start your family history.   http://snipurl.com/5gu3

I've never even tried to keep track of who owed me a favor
but that's more or less what these folks do.
http://www.favorville.com/

I still haven't decided whether or not to download the new
Internet Explorer (IE7) but I did download the new Firefox.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

A photo related site from Kodak.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp?

Recent evidence suggests that kids who are taking drugs to
control mood or behavior may be better served by a change
in their diet.   http://snipurl.com/122gl
http://www.hdlighthouse.org/see/immune/fishoil.htm
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1833431,0011.htm
http://snipurl.com/122gs
http://www.guardian.co.uk/parents/story/0,3605,1122449,00.html
http://www.clo3.com/home.php
http://snipurl.com/122gz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This publication is only mailed to verified double opt-in subscribers,
and is brought to you by me, Don Crowder, my wife, Lisa Miller,
and //www.freelists.org

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Windows to the Universe.   http://www.windows.ucar.edu/

Games, puzzles and mazes.   http://www.billsgames.com/home.html

Study guides.   http://www.studygs.net/index.htm

I know you've often wondered, "Where are Alvin and the Chipmunks now?".
http://www.chipmunks.com/index.php

Tenerife, the largest of the Canary islands, was important in European
history,
is the home of Tenerife Lace, and is still a beautiful spot on this earth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife
http://lace.lacefairy.com/ID/TenerifeID.html
http://www.abouttenerife.com/

Thurl Ravenscroft has been a part of your life.  Have a listen.
http://members.aol.com/allthurl/thurl2.htm

Wide shoulders: it's a Texas thing and a feature on our Personal News page
(which, as this goes to post, we're unable to update).
http://snipurl.com/11w7c
http://www.urticator.net/essay/5/519.html

The Elephant Information Repository.   http://elephant.elehost.com/

Identifying, fossil and illegal ivory.
http://www.uniclectica.com/conserva/ivory1.html
http://users.lmi.net/drewid/fossil_ivory.html
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/10/061027-ivory-angola.html

Catholic resources.   http://www.newadvent.org/

Fingerstyle guitar.  http://www.acousticfingerstyle.com/#FingerstyleDefined

Dream Dictionary.   http://www.sleeps.com/dictionary/dictionary.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

At the time this issue was posted, the current
subscriber count for this publication was 340.

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This issue's collection of news/magazine/informational sites
(these are chosen for maximum diversity regardless of "spin" ).
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/
http://living.scotsman.com/
http://www.smartmoney.com/
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=SourceWatch
http://www.spokesman-recorder.com/news/default.asp
http://www.sportsnews.com/
http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/
http://www.streamingmedia.com/index.asp
http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

It seems to me that more and more people are using
web based email and they don't seem to know, or even
care what an email client is or what pop3 is/
Webmail.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webmail
Email client.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_client
Pop3.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop3

That being said, it's easy to find costless webmail service.
http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_web.htm

The best deal going on pop3 email service has got to be
google's gmail and they're web accessible too.
http://www.don-guitar.com/whygmail.html

Who wants a costless website?   http://members.freewebs.com/

Site seeing on the Internet.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/online/sitesee.htm

Each version of Linux is referred to as a 'distribution' or, in web
vernacular, 'distro' and it seems like there's a new Linux distro
comes along every couple of days.  This site, for example, not
only offers a new Linux distro, but encourages you to create
your own new distro.  http://www.gnewsense.org/

Er, what's up doc?   This site is a serious bunny resource.
http://www.rabbit.org/

I think this guy is a media junky.  The site may be
worth exploring.   http://incompetech.com/

Goodies from the Java folks.  http://www.java.com/en/

A kids site with a worthwhile agenda.
http://www.americanhumane.org/kids/index.html

Fishing and kids.
http://fishnkids.dpi.nsw.gov.au/index.htm
http://www.ncfisheries.net/kids/index.html
http://www.fws.gov/kids/
http://www.statefishart.com/
http://www.fish.wa.gov.au/fishtales/

A street artist who's gone 'legit'.   http://www.leonthe4th.com/

If you've spent your life correctly, you should always get change.
http://www.lifewellspent.com/index.htm

I remember a line from a Dave Gardner album.  ' James Louis,
get away from the wheelbarrow, you know you don't know nothin'
about machinery.   http://www.machinescience.org/

Artwork and photos from Chris Becker.
http://www.themindofmadness.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

If you'd like to help promote this non-commercial publication, please
forward this ezine to anyone you know who might appreciate it.
To spare them the forwarding carets (>>>>these things) I suggest
you copy/paste the ezine to a new email window, or save the
ezine as a text file to be inserted, or copy/pasted to a new email.

If you've received this publication as a forward and wish to subscribe
you may easily do so from online forms in these two locations:
http://www.don-guitar.com/subsmanager.html
//www.freelists.org/list/donspatch

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Interpret your dog's body language.
http://www.pawsacrossamerica.com/interpret.html

The Unabomber's Manifesto: a little tedious but informative.
http://www.thecourier.com/manifest.htm

The National Museum of American History.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/

Harry Houdini, multi-talented, driven.  A man of his time, he helped to
shape his era.   http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/houdini/

Why are things colored?   http://webexhibits.org/causesofcolor/

Take a personality test based on color.    http://www.colorquiz.com/

The Beach Boys, this one has sound.  You can turn it off, but you won't.
http://thebeachboys.com/

The place to go if you love rats.   http://www.ratfanclub.org/

The Jewish-American Hall of Fame.   http://www.amuseum.org/jahf/

All about beans and lentils.   http://www.beanslentils.com/

If you like to put your money where your mouth is.
http://www.fairtradefederation.org/

What makes food kosher--or not?   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashrut

The near-death experience.   http://www.nderf.org/

The Internet Public Library.   http://www.ipl.org/

History and heritage of the French Huguenots.
http://p.webring.com/hub?ring=huguenot

Ken (no last name given); educator, life student, computer geek, fellow
Texan, avid collector and enthusiast of pinball, coin operated amusements,
drive-ins, and much more.   http://www.pinballrebel.com/

The Great Depression of the 1930's, a milestone in America's history.
http://www.newdeal.feri.org/

Greek, Roman and Celtic mythology and art.
http://www.loggia.com/myth/myth.html

Nerd culture, life and work styles.   http://headlines.nerdworld.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Our feedback form: http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

We welcome all comments, suggestions, or criticism.   The form
doesn't access your email client (it's a CGI form), so your
privacy is assured.

If you know of a website that would be a good candidate for this
ezine, please pass it on via our online feedback form (link above).

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Ever heard of Linus Torvalds?
http://www.time.com/time/europe/hero2006/torvalds.html

The molecule of the month page.
http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/motm.htm

Online currency conversion.
http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic
http://www.xe.com/

Skip these if you never heard of an ms-tnef  file.
http://www.fentun.com/
http://tnef.sourceforge.net/

Muted Clef produces small easy-to-use, costless applications
for Windows.   http://mutedclef.norge.cc/

What's your personality type?   I (Don) and a type ENFJ.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

The Netpets kids room.
http://www.chirpingbird.com/netpets/html/index.html

If you're a very generous and highly organized person, this
is a site you might like,   http://www.networkforgood.org/

Web pages that hardly anybody, especially Vincent Flanders,
likes.   http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/

Ok, so you made a PDF file (why would you do that?) and you
know darn well that not everybody has the acrobat reader but
you want everyone to be able to see, and print, the thing.  Fine,
convert it to an executable.   http://www.pdf2exe.com/

How would you go about making Socrates or Plato
into the sort of hero your kids could appreciate?
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~iav202/powers/powers.html

Egads, yet another costless image editor.
http://www.photobie.com/download.php

This is a cute sort of lottery number picker thingy.
Be sure and read the Fun Lottery Facts!.
http://www.kirun.co.uk/random/pottery/

Randomly interesting.   http://www.random-art.org/

Chad is a fine young geek.  This is his site.
http://random-tech.com/

Does the internet need saving?  *shrug*  Someone
thinks so.   http://www.savetheinternet.com/

Wanna give some politicians a piece of your mind?
http://snipurl.com/ze9
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Archives for this ezine are available online here:
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/

The current issue is also available on our website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/currentissue.html

RSS feed is available via this link.
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/feed.rss

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

U. S. Geological Survey--science you can use.   http://www.usgs.gov/

Fitness, nutrition and health.   http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/

Software for DNA and amino acid editing, and more.
http://gentle.magnusmanske.de/

Excellence, ethics and engagement in the professions.
http://www.goodworkproject.org/

What is "quality of life"?   http://www.calresco.org/lucas/qol.htm

Self-assessment tests for determining your best job or profession.
http://www.rileyguide.com/assess.html#what

The original Frankenstein, book or audiobook.  Too cool.
http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/results

A century of well-intended fire suppression practices has resulted in
unhealthy forests prone to extreme wildfires.  There's a way back to
healthy forests.   http://www.fireplan.gov/index.html

The Medicare website.   http://www.medicare.gov/

Before I die; real life stories.   http://www.thirteen.org/bid/index.html

During the late-19th century through the mid-20th century, many
psychotropic substances were legally available in America and
Europe.  Enjoy the pause that refreshes.
http://wings.buffalo.edu/aru/preprohibition.htm

The Jack London online collection.   http://london.sonoma.edu/

Before you enlist; the other side of the story.  Fast connection required.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaGv6cefw

Bibles before the year 1000.   http://snipurl.com/123l8

"Do not" signs from around the world.
http://www.donotenter.com/index2.html

Now really, what's the worst thing that could happen?
http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

'Tis the season to start planning.
http://www.allthingschristmas.com/traditions.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Websites everyone should know about.

These aren't sponsors, they're the best of Internet
publications and we highly recommend them all.

http://askTCL.com
http://www.langa.com
http://www.tourbus.com
http://www.lockergnome.com
http://www.neatnettricks.com
http://www.scotsnewsletter.com
http://www.tricksandtrinkets.com
http://marylaine.com/neatnew.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This site belongs to Steve Severinghaus.
http://severinghaus.org/]

How to steal an election by hacking the vote.
http://snipurl.com/123c9

Ok, do, what do you have, and what do you want.
http://www.swapthing.com/

TeX is a typesetting language.   http://www.tug.org/begin.html

I don't get it but there are those who have clearly flipped for
a blip.   http://www.ublip.com/

Official U. S, time.   http://www.time.gov/

The Astronomical Applications Department of the U.S. Naval
Observatory.   http://aa.usno.navy.mil/

Anyone using a version of Windows which is no longer supported
is apt to benefit from this site.   http://www.mdgx.com/web.htm

ERPMan's Windows 95 SP1 & OSR2.x System Updates page.
http://erpman1.tripod.com/win95upd.html

Web Style Guide.   http://www.webstyleguide.com/

All about time and date.   http://www.timeanddate.com/

A few sites where you can snag wallpaper images.
http://www.claruscanadian.com/wallpapers.php
http://www.emailguardian.net/wallpaper/
http://www.edholden.com/wallpaper/
http://www.stuckonscotland.co.uk/edinburgh/wallpapers.html

============== Humor =============

Q: Did you hear about the heavy metal
player who locked his keys in the car?
A: He had to break the window to let the drummer out!

Q: What's the difference between a Electric Guitar and a trampoline ?
A: You remove your shoes before jumping on a trampoline.

Q: How many Electric Guitar players
does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A: Five. One to change it and four to
discuss how Eric Clapton would have done it.

Q: What's the range for an Electric Guitar?
A: About 20 yards if you have a good arm.

Q: How many sound technicians does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A: One, two, three, one, two, three.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A one time musician reaches adulthood (it does happen) gives up the
rock and roll life style and marries.  He gets the mortgage and the kid.
The child reaches his teenage years and hearing of Dad's youthful
adventures decides that he too would like to become a musician.

Dad says, "Okay, but you must do this properly and take lessons on
the instrument. What do you want to play?"

Junior replies, "I want to be a bass player."

"Fine," says the proud Dad and he goes out and buys a Junior a bass
and amp and arranges for the lessons. Junior returns from his first
lesson and Dad asks how it went. "Great!" says the lad,"I learned all
the notes on the E string."
"Terrific!", Dad replies.

The next week Junior returns from the 2nd lesson. Dad asks again
how it went.  "Cool", says Junior, "I learned all the notes on the A
string." "Good progress," smiles Dad.

The next week Dad comes home to find Junior sitting with his
Nintendo. "Hey, I thought you had a bass lesson today. " Junior
looks up and says, "Yeah, but I blew it off, I've got a gig."

============== Tips ===============

The Secret Guide to Computers.
http://www.secretguide.net/

http://www.tipsdr.com/

Troubleshooting Guide.
http://www.everythingcomputers.com/troubleg.htm

======== Reader Contributions =========
Links from readers are always welcome and
you can even write your own link descriptions
if you like.  Guidelines are available here:
http://www.don-guitar.com/descriptivetext.html
=================================
From our web sibling Jerry Fox.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The art of Jim Warren.   http://www.jimwarren.com/

Um, instrumental lamps (that's a pun :).
http://www.guitarlamp.com/

A sort of statistics thing.  http://www.neighboroo.com/

Peter Callesen's breathtaking paper art.
http://www.oncotton.co.uk/peter/index.html

=================================
From reader and friend, Irving Stein.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Incorporate text files onto your desktop.
http://snipurl.com/123ks

The Idiot Test.
http://www.addictinggames.com/theidiottest.html

A cute little flash game.
http://www.gamingdelight.com/games/runrun.php

Sarbyx TrayClock.
http://www.sarbyxlabs.com/en/sarbyxtc.html

Good for teachers, kids, parents or anyone
who enjoys history, trivia and social studies.
http://funsocialstudies.learninghaven.com/

A daily review of religion and the press.
http://www.therevealer.org/

A Wikipedia like site.   http://www.opentopia.com/

Apple nutrition, trivia, recipes, history, legends and
more.   http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/apples/

Gourmet Sleuth.   http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/

The Blue Marble.
http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/features/blue_marble.html

If it looks or sounds to good to be true...It usually is.
http://www.lookstoogoodtobetrue.com/

Seven warning signs of bogus science.
http://webexhibits.org/bogus/

Multi search engine site.   http://www.mrsapo.com/

=================================
From our web sibling John Lepse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online site of the 3rd edition of the Oxford English
Dictionary.   http://www.askoxford.com/

I don't really think of satellite photos as art, but some of
these are stunning.   http://www.earthfromspace.si.edu/

=================================
From reader and friend Lee Parmeter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Office telephone systems have always been highly technical
and extremely expensive.  That's just one more thing that
Open Source software and high speed internet is beginning
to change.  It's still pretty technical but is rapidly becoming
less so and may soon be downright easy to figure out.
http://www.trixbox.org/
http://www.freepbx.org/

I'd have to use filter-sensitive words to properly describe
this catalog so I'll just say that computer geeks will love it.
http://directory.fsf.org/

=================================
From web sibling Vinette DePhillipe.
http://360.yahoo.com/vinette1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a quiz that determines what religion you are.
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html

Thanks Jerry, Irv, Jo, John, Lee and Vi.

=================================

Last word, from Lisa:

Recently Don's mother broke her hip and a she has a number of other
health concerns.  While googling various subjects and talking to doctors
and nurses, we kept hearing the phrase "quality of life".  It's a stock
phrase, most people use it but never think about what the word means
in their own life.  The subject is ephemeral, no one has the same
definition.

Take a few minutes to dwell on your "quality of life".  What would make
your life happier, more fulfilling?  What would make you pause as you
were going to sleep and say, "I did good today."  Usually, it has nothing
to do beating the clock, acquiring something, or 'winning' a conflict.
Sometimes it's reading a story that touches your heart, cooking for a
loved one, or openly admiring a friend's accomplishment.

This Thanksgiving as many of the family as can make it will be coming
for the day at our house.  I'll be meeting some family members for the
first, but certainly not the last time.  I'm trying not to stress out about
cleaning, cooking, whatever; we're pretty busy with mom's full-time
care, doctors,nurses, therapists, etc.,and trying to keep a few odd
jobs but still and all...

I have a wonderful quality of life.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Lisa

Lisa's feedback form:  http://www.don-guitar.com/lfefo.html
Don's feedback form:  http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

Lisa at myspace.com.  http://www.myspace.com/81825549
Lisa's blog.  http://blog.myspace.com/81825549

Don at myspace.com http://www.myspace.com/donguitar
Don's blog.  http://blog.myspace.com/donguitar

Our personal news page.
http://www.don-guitar.com/babbleon.html

Don Crowder and Lisa Miller
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
10:05 PM CST - Buchanan Lake Village, Texas, USA
Served by the U.S. Post Office in Tow (rhymes-with-cow), Texas

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Privacy:  We will never share, sell, or
otherwise compromise your email address.

Privacy Policy on our website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/privacy.html

Freelists.org Privacy Policy.
//www.freelists.org/privacy.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

The most important people on the Internet, for you and I as computer
users, are software developers.  The world's coolest computer, without
software, is like a car without fuel.  It might look great, but what
can it do?  It doesn't matter who produces the software you love and
use regularly, the developers of that software need your support.

A bit of advice from Internet veteran Bayard J. Fox:

New computer users are often in awe of the things you can get without
cost on the Internet.  There can be hidden costs for the unwary. Use a
"throw away" email address to register, and be constantly on guard
against giving away personal information.  Use a firewall, and provide
only the barest minimum of information on questionnaires.

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª