[donspatch] 2006-10-01

  • From: "Don Guitar" <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Don's Patch" <donspatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:30:20 -0500

Don's Patch #55 from http://www.don-guitar.com  October 1, 2006

First word, from Don:

Reader Ken Thomson, of San Francisco, California says
You are so right about these frauds.  I get a fraudulent pump and
dump stock fraud letters at the rate of 5 or 6 per day. I always
forward them to the SEC with complete headers to:
enforcement@xxxxxxx

I get phony letters (claiming to be) from PayPal or Ebay once a
month. I follow the rule:  No matter what, don't do anything for
48 hours.  I forward them with complete headers to
spoof@xxxxxxxxxx
or
spoof@xxxxxxxx

Editor's Note:  The easiest way to make sure you've forwarded an
email with complete headers is to simply forward it as an attachment.
To do this in Outlook Express or Sylpheed-Claws, right-click on the
email in your Inbox and select 'Forward as Attachment'.  In Thunderbird,
click the email once, to select it, then, at the top of the screen, click
on 'Message' scroll down to 'Forward As', across to, and click on
'Attachment'.  In Kmail, right-click on the email in your inbox, scroll
down to 'Forward', across to, and click on "As Attachment".

Don

Don's feedback form:  http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html
Lisa's feedback form:  http://www.don-guitar.com/lfefo.html

Our personal news page.
http://www.don-guitar.com/babbleon.html

Don at myspace.com http://www.myspace.com/donguitar
Don's blog.  http://blog.myspace.com/donguitar

Lisa at myspace.com.  http://www.myspace.com/81825549
Lisa's blog.  http://blog.myspace.com/81825549

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

I think this is about poetry.   http://www.patacriticism.org/index2.html

Some interesting art sites.
http://www.artxpo.com/
http://www.magnetreps.com/

A couple of interesting articles.
'Genes, Cells and Organisms are not Corporate Property'.
http://hornacek.coa.edu/dave/Reading/patents.html
'Cloning Sheep: Converting Life Forms Into Corporate Property'
http://hornacek.coa.edu/dave/Reading/king.html

Does anyone remember Bob Burwell, the Boomerang man?
http://www.users.bigpond.com/robertburwell/index.html

Interesting things to read, gathered by web wanderer Jason
Mortensen.   http://www.paisleynet.com/interesting/
More from Jason.   http://www.paisleynet.com/

Cool old photos of Canton, Ohio.
http://www.cityofcanton.com/historic.html

Federation of American Scientists.
http://www.fas.org/main/home.jsp

American Indian history.   http://www.danielnpaul.com/

A toy for programmers.   http://www.opencroquet.org/

Some goodies from Kenny Kerr.
http://www.kennyandkarin.com/Kenny/CodeCorner/Tools/

Here's a sport that hasn't made it to prime time yet
but clearly has a large number of international fans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croquet
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/croquet.shtml
http://www.croquetworld.com/home.asp
http://croquet.adfa.edu.au/croquetweb/
http://www.croquetamerica.com/home.asp
http://www.croquet.org.uk/
http://www.croquet-australia.com.au/
http://www.croquet.ca/
http://www.mauicroquetclub.org/history/index.htm
http://www.croquet.org.nz/

Current Skyline from Scobee Planetarium.
http://www.accd.edu/sac/ce/scobee/skyline.htm

A nice collection of Linux resources.
http://www.devdaily.com/Dir/Linux/
Web-Dev resource from the same source.
http://www.devdaily.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This publication is only mailed to verified double opt-in subscribers,
and is brought to you by me, Don Crowder, my wife, Lisa Miller,
and //www.freelists.org

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

It's well known there are fewer women than men in the fields
of science and technology, though there is a lot of interest
and talent.  We became interested in the subject and found
a lot of information
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nichelle_Nichols
http://math.rice.edu/~lanius/index.html
http://www.awc-hq.org/
http://ubuntu-women.org/
http://women.debian.org/
http://www.linuxchix.org/
http://infohost.nmt.edu/~val/howto.html
http://www.girlstart.com/
http://snipurl.com/xk6x
http://www.guide2womenleaders.com/index.html
http://www.wtc-sf.org/
http://www.womenintechnology.org/
http://www.witi.com/
http://www.wwwomen.com/
http://snipurl.com/xk73
http://www.girlsgotech.org/
http://www.sdsc.edu/Publications/ScienceWomen/hopper.html
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~jer/
http://wtp.mit.edu/
http://www.princessleia.com/
http://www.radicagames.com/girltech/
http://www.stanford.edu/group/wics/index.shtml
http://www.amara.com/
http://www.awtsocal.org/
http://www.sbaonline.sba.gov/financing/special/women.html
http://cra.org/Activities/craw/
http://www.advancingwomen.com/
http://www.nafe.com/
http://www.awidweb.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

At the time this issue was posted, the current
subscriber count for this publication was 341.

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This issue's collection of news/magazine/informational sites
(these are chosen for maximum diversity regardless of "spin" ).
http://www.bizjournals.com/
http://www.ccqtv.com/1445374005409218560/index.shtml
http://www.frontpagemag.com/
http://www.jazzwise.com/
http://www.nola.com/
http://www.objectwatch.com/
http://www.pandasthumb.org/
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/
http://physicsweb.org/articles/news
http://www.postgazette.com/
http://www.podcast.net/
http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/home?issue=39124
http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/Home
http://www.portpirie.yourguide.com.au/home.asp

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

A programmer's resource.   http://www.ddj.com/

A site for vintage movie lovers.   http://www.doctormacro.com/

Economics resources.
http://www.economist.com/
http://www.ncee.net/

80th birthday tribute to Eleanor Vandruff.
http://eleanor.vandruff.com/

Some kids might consider this site a veritable nightmare.
http://www.naesp.org/index.jsp

All about email.  http://www.emailbattles.com/

AVG's new security tool is also available as on online tool.
http://www.ewido.net/en/

All you need is a good quality joystick and a fast internet
connection to do some virtual flying.
http://www.flightgear.org/

An ancient, venerable, traditional art from Hawaii (parental discretion
recommended).   http://www.janesoceania.com/hawaii_hula/

Ever wonder where they get the automobiles used in period
movies?   http://www.hollywoodpicturecars.com/trucks.html

i, cringly is a sort of techno-geeky PBS program.
http://www.pbs.org/cringely/

Art is in the eye of the, um, shopper?
http://thelabelman.com/

I was hoping this site would be about having babies but it was
about politics so I moved on.   http://www.thelaborparty.org/

Some Windows goodies from the creator of Beatrix Linux.
http://www.watsky.net/lagniappe.html

I've been using the xfce desktop with my Debian Linux system
and had to cobble together some of my own icons.
http://www.don-guitar.com/photos/icons/cb1.htm

LogJam is a GTK client for LiveJournal.com.
http://logjam.danga.com/

London Review of Books.  http://www.lrb.co.uk/

An interesting look at Whitefield, Maine.
http://www.mainething.com/

Trekkies are everywhere, even on the web.
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Main_Page

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

If you'd like to help promote this non-commercial publication, please
forward this ezine to anyone you know who might appreciate it.
To spare them the forwarding carets (>>>>these things) I suggest
you copy/paste the ezine to a new email window, or save the
ezine as a text file to be inserted, or copy/pasted to a new email.

If you've received this publication as a forward and wish to subscribe
you may easily do so from online forms in these two locations:
http://www.don-guitar.com/subsmanager.html
//www.freelists.org/list/donspatch

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Anything, everything you'd like to know about
physics, in a concept-mapping format.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

Entropy is simple!  http://www.entropysimple.com/

Photoshop tutorials and lessons.
http://www.yowussup.com/index.php
http://www.good-tutorials.com/

Do you have a 72-hour emergency plan?
http://www.equipped.org/72hourkit.htm

Here is a costless, open-source genealogy
program for Linux and Windows.
Linux;   http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/
Windows;   http://gramps-project.org/windows/

For fans of mind-mapping as a window to creativity
and organizational skills, the cross-platform program
can be very helpful.
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

By the time she could walk,
Gabriela Montero could play the piano.
http://snipurl.com/xp2d

This looks like a very promising document-processing
cross-platform app.  http://www.lyx.org/

Rockabilly's rebels.   http://snipurl.com/xmnm

What would we do without disposable diapers?
Here's a thought.   http://www.timl.com/ipt/

Life as, and with, a preemie is tough.  Here are
some resources.  http://premature-infant.com/

When the boys came home--from WWI.
http://www.aftermathww1.com/

For fans of Stephen King.   http://www.stephenking.com/

Comprehensive collection of Charles Darwin's work.
http://pages.britishlibrary.net/charles.darwin/

An in-depth view of Toxicology.
http://www.asmalldoseof.org/index.php

Ever wonder how Imax works?
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/imax.htm

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Our feedback form: http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

We welcome all comments, suggestions, or criticism.   The form
doesn't access your email client (it's a CGI form), so your
privacy is assured.

If you know of a website that would be a good candidate for this
ezine, please pass it on via our online feedback form (link above).

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Author Merrily Harpur.   http://www.harpur.org/merrily.htm

It takes a village, to blog.   http://www.metafilter.com/

Intelligent discourse on the topic of passwords.
http://druid.caughq.org/presentations/Mnemonic-Password-Algorithms/

Goodies from MS (some of which are useful).
http://research.microsoft.com/research/downloads/default.aspx

With all the diet fads going around I guess the USDA felt they had
to get in the act.   http://www.mypyramid.gov/

XML resources from Big Blue.   http://snipurl.com/xj20

National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
http://www.nichd.nih.gov/

My father was a career soldier in the U.S. Army.  From 1958 to 1960
he was stationed at Fort Kobbe, Panama Canal Zone.  I have fond
memories of Panama.  So do many other Americans.
http://www.czimages.com/

A Salute to the Paratroopers of the 40's.
http://home.hiwaay.net/~magro/paraww2.html

People doing stuff about the things they feel are important.
http://www.planetfriendly.net/

I don't get it really but you might, so you should check it out.
http://www.thawte.com/secure-email/personal-email-certificates/

A strange home page where you may have to scroll down a lot once
it's loaded and it's a commercial site but you can view some very
interesting images if you're patient.  http://www.oceanlight.com/

An interesting slideshow.  http://www.photomeonline.co.uk/

Canada's Public Knowledge Project.   http://pkp.sfu.ca/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Archives for this ezine are available online here:
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/

The current issue is also available on our website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/currentissue.html

RSS feed is available via this link.
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/feed.rss

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Chat with anyone who visits your website!
http://www.meebome.com/
(we just put a couple of these on our site)
http://www.don-guitar.com/MeeboWidget.html

Edible, medicinal and useful plants.
http://www.pfaf.org/index.html

Positive atheism.  http://www.positiveatheism.org/

News, articles and resources about prisons across the US.
http://www.prisonwall.org/

Over 40 programming tutorials.
http://www.webbasedprogramming.com/

Our old friend, Johannes Wallroth has redesigned his website and
added some new goodies.    http://www.programming.de/index.php

Interesting, though a little off-the-wall.
http://www.bopsecrets.org/

Crossword puzzles from USA Today.
http://puzzles.usatoday.com/

Open-source software for parallel virtual machines (PVM).
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/pvm/

For a quick group discussion, easy set-up message board.
http://www.quicktopic.com/

An interesting blog.   http://www.radioblogger.com/

Cool radio museum.
http://www.rolaa.de/sehensw/radio/bilder/bilder_e.htm

Review and rate just about everything.   http://www.rateitall.com/

You can never have too many recipes.   http://www.recipezaar.com

Ever think you might have a gambling problem?
http://www.ncpgambling.org/about_problem/about_problem_faq.asp
http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/329/7474/1055

Just in case you're not up on your Goth, this is your
odd bit for the day.   http://snipurl.com/2ll5

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Websites everyone should know about.

These aren't sponsors, they're the best of Internet
publications and I highly recommend them all.

http://askTCL.com
http://www.langa.com
http://www.tourbus.com
http://www.lockergnome.com
http://www.neatnettricks.com
http://www.scotsnewsletter.com
http://www.tricksandtrinkets.com
http://marylaine.com/neatnew.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

I'm not going to take a public stand one way or the other
on WGA, but here is some potentially useful information.
http://snipurl.com/xmpr

A nice one for information junkies.   http://www.resourceshelf.com/

Recycling with a corporate mentality.   http://www.rmi.org/

TLD codes tell you a URL's country of origin.
http://www.iana.org/cctld/cctld-whois.htm

Rosegarden is a professional audio and MIDI sequencer, score
editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing
environment.   http://rosegardenmusic.com/

Music notation for everyone.   http://lilypond.org/web/

A Sysadmin's Unixersal Translator (Rosetta Stone) <or> What do
they call that in this world?   http://bhami.com/rosetta.html

The Royal Society of Victoria.   http://www.sciencevictoria.org.au/

I think these guys are just trying to pedal something.
http://www.rusty-spokes.com/

A Linux resource.   http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz

In his own words; "The writer of this blog is an extremely cynical,
snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey.
http://www.sandmonkey.org/

Back in nineteen-mumble, my then-girlfriend Randi Simon and I, at
her adamant insistence, made a trip to San Francisco, California
(from Fort Ord, where each of our families lived) to see an odd and
eclectic solo performer named Sandi Bull.
http://www.globalvillageidiot.net/bull.htm
http://www.headbutler.com/music/sandy_bull.asp
http://www.ibiblio.org/mal/MO/philm/sandybull/friends.html
http://www.nndb.com/people/902/000049755/

The National Academy of Sciences, India.   http://www.nasi.org.in/

Sesame Street Parents.   http://www.sesameworkshop.org/parents/

Beyond the notion that it's supposed to be a programming language
which even a child can learn, what really intrigues me about Smalltalk
is the fact that it's been around in one form or another since 1960.
http://www.smalltalk.org/main/

============== Humor =============

A little humor courtesy of my
web sibling, Vinette Dephillipe.

The Silent Treatment

A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were
giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized
that the next day, he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM
for an early morning business flight.  Not wanting to be the first to
break the silence (and lose), he wrote on a piece of paper, "Please
wake me at 5:00 AM." He left it where he knew she would find it.
The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM
and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see
why his wife hadn't wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper
by the bed. The paper said, "It is 5:00 AM. Wake up."
Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's one from reader Andy.

Last night, my wife and I were sitting in the living room talking
about many things. The idea of a living will came up and I said
to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent
on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If I ever come to
that just pull the plug."  She got up, unplugged the TV and
then threw out my beer.

============== Tips ===============

Computer Tech Support.   http://www.pchelpforum.com/

PC Lube and Tune.   http://pclt.cis.yale.edu/pclt/

The Journey Inside, engaging technology to explain technology
(from Intel).   http://www.intel.com/education/journey/

======== Reader Contributions =========
Links from readers are always welcome and
you can even write your own link descriptions
if you like.  Guidelines are available here:
http://www.don-guitar.com/descriptivetext.html
=================================
From reader and friend Jerry Fox.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This flight simulator uses maps from google.
http://www.isoma.net/games/goggles.html

An Amateur Radio, LF resource.
http://www.vlf.it/frequency/bands.html

Editor's Note:  What's LF?
http://www.vlf.it/frequency/bands.html

A corporate "Yeah, but".   http://snipurl.com/xoh7

1960's musical nostalgia.
Warning:  Imbedded sound files.
http://oldfortyfives.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm

=================================
From reader and friend, Irving Stein.
 http://www.irvings-info-page.cityslide.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A cute little video (best with a fast connection).
http://www.nationx.dk/coats/

A tool for Windows.  http://snipurl.com/xoj9

Need a wake up call?   http://telepixie.com/

Computer tips.   http://www.davescomputertips.com/

A popular tool for Windows.   http://www.ccleaner.com/

A tech shopping resource.   http://www.antirebate.com/

Reading Groups can be loads of fun.  You gather together
with a group of folks and read and discuss books of all
kinds.  Some groups plan events around certain books
like trips to places associated with the book or they have
themed meals that go along with the book.  Some invite
the author  to the event and some even go to the place
were the story takes place. Many book publishers offer
 free reading group guides for books that they publish
http://us.penguingroup.com/static/html/readingguides/
http://www.harpercollins.com/readers.asp
http://snipurl.com/xojs
http://www.twbookmark.com/books/reading_guides.html
http://www.stmartins.com/smp/rgg.html
http://www.wwnorton.com/trade/rgg.htm
http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/readers_guides/

Book Review magazines have reading
group guides available at their online sites.
http://snipurl.com/xok8
http://snipurl.com/xoka

Authors, like Tracy Chevalier who wrote among other
things, "Girl With a Pearl Earring" offer reading group
guides at their official sites.
http://www.tchevalier.com/guides/

or Jan Karon's Mitford books
http://www.mitfordbooks.com/rgg.asp

This site is full of the sort of tasteless and tacky humor
that kids seem to love.  http://www.brothersgrinn.com/

Multiplayer online gaming.   http://www.spogg.com/

Put words in GWB's mouth.   http://snipurl.com/nnd9

You may wish you'd never learned this.
http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php

Doug Mann has made a photographic record of his
travels.  (Warning: not 100% family friendly).
http://www.photomann.com/

A TV show Jo likes.  http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ncis/

=================================
From reader and friend John Lepse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celestia is a free space simulation which lets you explore
our universe in three dimensions (Windows, Linux, and
Mac OS X).    http://www.shatters.net/celestia/

John has mentioned this cool blog before but it's worth
another mention and, for that matter, a visit.
http://masthead.blogspot.com/

Picture History is a wonderful, if sometimes disquieting
site.   http://www.picture-history.com/

=================================
From reader and friend Ken Thomson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some consumer resources.
http://www.jdpower.com/
http://www.consumersearch.com/
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/index.htm
http://www.epinions.com/
http://presentpicker.com/ppp/

=================================
From reader and friend Lee Parmeter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The creation of the Unix* Operating System..
http://www.bell-labs.com/history/unix/

The robtex swiss army knife internet tool (seriously
geeky stuff).   http://www.robtex.com/

=================================
From reader and friend Patrick Barden.
http://rrwbushangel.blogspot.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This site isn't entirely family friendly but Patrick
said he'd take the rap for mentioning it (and Lisa
loved it).   http://www.engrish.com/

A search thingumbob Patrick likes.
http://www.bookmarklets.com/mk.phtml

Who's calling you?   http://whocalled.us/

Willard Wigan's wonderful art.
http://www.willard-wigan.com/index.html

Of this site, Patrick said; "It's like Myspace or
Xanga but with the focus on Christian teens.
It is intensely evangelistic. Not for everyone.
http://www.battlecry.com/

=================================
From reader and friend Tony Bromeland.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd call this an odd sort of shopping resource.
http://graveyardmall.com/index.html

Thank you Jerry, Irv, Jo, John, Ken, Lee, Patrick
and Tony.

=================================
Last word, from Lisa:

Uh-oh, made dumb mistake.  I ask Don lots of questions while we sit
and work and play on the computers, so occasionally I'll leave him
be for awhile and just do something that seems harmless, but isn't.
I was looking at a newbie-Linux site and left an encouraging message
in a guestbook, told Don I'd never done that before but felt moved
to do so.  He asked, "You didn't leave your email address, did you?!"
"Ummm...yeah, I did."  Then he explained web spiders can find your
email address and cram your mailbox with spam, making that address
useless. He did the same thing long ago.  *sigh* That's my main
account.  I felt a little better when he said he'd done the same
thing quite some time ago.

Now if I get three hundred emails tomorrow I'll have to notify my
bank, insurance, computer club, etc. that my email address has
changed. *argh*

The perils of computing...
The fun of learning Linux...
It'll balance out--really.

Lisa

Lisa's feedback form:  http://www.don-guitar.com/lfefo.html
Don's feedback form:  http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

Lisa at myspace.com.  http://www.myspace.com/81825549
Lisa's blog.  http://blog.myspace.com/81825549

Don at myspace.com http://www.myspace.com/donguitar
Don's blog.  http://blog.myspace.com/donguitar

Our personal news page.
http://www.don-guitar.com/babbleon.html

Don Crowder and Lisa Miller
Saturday, October 1, 2006
12:30 AM CST - Buchanan Lake Village, Texas, USA
Served by the U.S. Post Office in Tow (rhymes-with-cow), Texas

------------------- :-(   Begin promotional blurb  )-:  ------------------

Please rate this ezine at the Ezine Finder.
http://www.ezinefinder.com/vote.html?pub_code=donspa

You may also review us at BestEzines.com:
http://BestEzines.com/?id=898

-------------------- (-:   End promotional blurb  :-)  -------------------

Privacy:  We will never share, sell, or
otherwise compromise your email address.

Privacy Policy on our website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/privacy.html

Freelists.org Privacy Policy.
//www.freelists.org/privacy.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

The most important people on the Internet, for you and I as computer
users, are software developers.  The world's coolest computer, without
software, is like a car without fuel.  It might look great, but what
can it do?  It doesn't matter who produces the software you love and
use regularly, the developers of that software need your support.

A bit of advice from Internet veteran Bayard J. Fox:

New computer users are often in awe of the things you can get without
cost on the Internet.  There can be hidden costs for the unwary. Use a
"throw away" email address to register, and be constantly on guard
against giving away personal information.  Use a firewall, and provide
only the barest minimum of information on questionnaires.