[donspatch] 2006-01-01

  • From: "Don Guitar" <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Don's Patch" <donspatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:23:07 -0600

Don's Patch Issue #2006-01-01 from http://www.don-guitar.com

Hola and happy holidays gentle readers Lisa and I wish you a very
happy new year.  May you enjoy the best of health and happiness
for all the days of your life.

I'm playing an out-of-town New Years party so we're going finish
as much as we can of this issue and post it early.

Our feedback form: http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

You want your website visitors to find it easy to contact you.
You don't want a load of junkmail.  Not to worry.  You have options.
http://alistapart.com/articles/spam/
http://www.dreamweaverfever.com/experiments/spam/default.asp
http://automaticlabs.com/products/enkoderform/

Are you ready to try another browser yet?  You have options there
too.  If you want no part of Internet Explorer Firefox and Opera are
both excellent choices.
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
http://www.opera.com/download/
If you just want more features than Internet Explorer offers Maxthon,
Slimbrowser or Avant  (which use components of IE) are good choices.
http://www.maxthon.com/
http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser/
http://www.avantbrowser.com/
OffByOne is a small, stand-alone browser that's HTML 3.2 compliant,
meaning it won't "do" style sheets but it's great for reading ebooks
in HTML format.  http://www.offbyone.com/
Where do you get ebooks in HTML format?   Lot's of places, but I
get mine at the Baen Free Library.  http://www.baen.com/library/

Have you seen the elephant?
http://www.neh.gov/news/humanities/1998-01/elephant.html
http://www.cacdenver.org/Pastors/PWM/2004/SeenTheElephant.html
http://www.cbc.ca/asithappens/100yrsflight/
http://www.chuckstraub.com/Letterboxing/haveseenelephant.htm
http://www.bway.net/~hchang/framecon.html
http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/jokes.html
http://www.museumca.org/goldrush/fever11.html
http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13190,Galloway_062304,00.html
http://www.elephants.com/species.htm
http://wesclark.com/jw/elephant.html
http://www.sfcall.com/issues%202000/8.7.00/seeing_the_elephant.htm
http://www.goldrush.com/~joann/elephant.htm
http://historytogo.utah.gov/salt_lake_tribune/in_another_time/022695.html
http://www.crystalinks.com/whitelephants.html

Checked the weather lately?
http://home.accuweather.com/index.asp
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?links=
http://www.intellicast.com/LocalWeather/World/
http://www.weather.gov/
http://www.wunderground.com/
http://asp.usatoday.com/weather/weatherfront.aspx
http://www.weather.com/
http://www.findlocalweather.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This publication is only mailed to verified double opt-in subscribers,
and is brought to you by me, Don Crowder, my wife, Lisa Miller,
and //www.freelists.org

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Phase of the moon on any date from 1800-2199 A.D.
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/vphase.html

This website does almost nothing.
http://www.pleasetouchme.com/

Beautiful images, suitable for personal wallpapers.
http://www.shiftedreality.com/

If your response to religion is "Get Real!" this might be for you.
http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/welcome_home/

The personality disorder test; you do not want to know...
http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

Hear a different drummer? Me, too.
http://www.keirsey.com/

The personality page.
http://www.personalitypage.com/

Housing for everyone; that's the dream, and the goal.
http://www.habitat.org/default2.aspx

The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity.
http://www.eliewieselfoundation.org/

Wheelchairs for those who need them.
http://www.wheelsforhumanity.org/

Do bugs need drugs? Using antibiotics wisely.
http://www.dobugsneeddrugs.org/

Do law-abiding citizens have any need to encrypt their E-mail?
Maybe, if they wanna.  http://www.pgpi.org/

Astounding video of a shark in the Seattle Aquarium.
http://snipurl.com/gtlf

Do your dogs have middle names?
http://www.bowwow.com.au/

An opinion from a veterinarian.
http://www.declawing.com/

Do we need to keep stuff in print? It's on the web...
http://www.libr.org/PL/19-20_Warner.html

How just about everything in Nature works.
http://www.livescience.com/
I'm not scatterbrained, I'm just very intelligent.
http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/051123_thought_bouncer.html

All you need to know about barbecue.
http://www.thesmokering.com/

Iditarod XXXIV starts on Saturday, March 4th, 2006.
http://www.iditarod.com/

Susan Butcher, 4-time champion of the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race,
has been diagnosed with leukemia.   http://www.susanbutcher.com/

Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation.
http://www.lewisandclark.org/

Pride and Prejudice. Everything old is new again.
http://www.pemberley.com/janeinfo/pridprej.html

The Seven Deadly Sins and Seven Heavenly Virtues.
http://deadlysins.com/

Graphic-intense site, really cool. The Electric Samurai.
http://www.kiku.com/electric_samurai/index.html

Make a simple electric motor and lots of other neat stuff.
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~palmer/motor.html

Electric power around the world.
http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Stuff you never needed to know but your life would be
incomplete without.
http://home.nycap.rr.com/useless/
Sometimes it pays to play with your toys.
http://home.nycap.rr.com/useless/lionel/index.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

At the time this issue was posted, the current
subscriber count for this publication was 297.

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This issue's collection of news/magazine/informational sites
(these are chosen for maximum diversity regardless of "spin" ).
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page.html
http://www.www.billoreilly.com/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/default.stm
http://citybeat.com/current/index.shtml
http://www.homemakers.com/
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/
http://www.makezine.com/
http://www.observer.com/
http://www.oberlin.edu/stupub/ocreview/
http://www.politicalaffairs.net/
http://www.thetartan.com/
http://www.magazine.tcu.edu/default.asp
http://www.uwnyc.org/technews/index.html
http://techreport.com/
http://www.mikesejournal.com/
http://www.infoworld.com/
http://news.techwhack.com/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/
http://tvnz.co.nz/
http://www.theacorn.com/
http://www.theage.com.au/
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/
http://www.bulletinarchive.org/
http://www.theepochtimes.com/
http://www.hinduonnet.com/
http://www.indianexpress.com/
http://www.tnr.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Who's feeling hyperparanoid?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinfoil_hat
http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

What makes the fruit of my favorite plant (whom we've named
Carmen Habanero) so darn hot?
http://www.3dchem.com/molecules.asp?ID=105
More chemical coolness.   http://www.3dchem.com/

Brain teasers, puzzles, riddles and games.  http://www.braingle.com

Brian Tung's Astronomy Corner.  http://astro.isi.edu/notes/

Fun with coke.   http://www2.coca-cola.com/heritage/ourheritage.html

Artists' Guild of Columbus, Georgia.
http://www.columbusartistsguild.org/

Cross-referenced definitions, spelling correction, and word searches
from WordNet, Webster's, FOLDOC, and a variety of specialized
sources.  http://dict.die.net/

DIY sites.
http://www.diyfixit.co.uk/nflash/index.htm
http://www.diynetwork.com/
http://www.doityourself.com/

I've a new favorite artist.  Her name is Dianne Dengel.
http://www.diannedengel.com/
My favorite piece by her is entitled "Side by Side"
http://www.diannedengel.com/printpages/Side_By_Side.htm
CloudEight has some email stationery which
features Dianne's work.   http://snipurl.com/l1b5
Dianne also makes an interesting google topic.

Some interesting Linux sites.
http://tiny.seul.org/en/
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
http://www.toms.net/rb/
http://www.coyotelinux.com/products.php?Product=coyote
http://www.freesco.org/
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/

Plenty of folks hate the song  "Don't Worry, Be Happy"
but there are nevertheless a couple of interesting facts about it.
1.  It was written by Bob Marley
2.  Bobby McFerrin's recorded version contains no musical
instruments.  All the sounds are made by his voice.
This mp3 file will load slowly on a dial-up connection.
http://www.stinalisa.com/DontWorry.html

The encyclopedia of spices.
http://www.theepicentre.com/Spices/spiceref.html

Media intense and perhaps a little silly but a fun way to
kill some time.  http://tbshumorstudy.com/main.html

I'm not recommending you buy one but some of these T-shirts are
very cool. Have a look.   http://www.ikodidit.com

Botany with attitude?   http://www.killerplants.com/

This is a program I listen to on kut.org (our local public radio
station).  http://www.latinousa.org/
Their most recent program can be downloaded as an mp3 file
or subscribed to as a podcast.

There are a few eclectic things to explore on Lawrence (Larry)
Leinweber's site.   http://www.leinweb.com/index.htm

MathPages.  http://www.mathpages.com/

Fun with hair goop.   http://www.brylcreem.co.uk/

James and Morris Carey, known as the Carey Bros., are
nationally-recognized experts on home building and renovation.
http://www.onthehouse.com/

Hedwig is fond of Penguins.  http://www.pinguins.info/

Women who have a website should find this interesting.  Ladies,
even if you don't have a website, you can add a quilt square.
http://www.phenomenalwomen.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª
If you'd like to help promote this non-commercial publication, please
forward this ezine to anyone you know who might appreciate it.
To spare them the forwarding carets (>>>>these things) I suggest
you copy/paste the ezine to a new email window, or save the
ezine as a text file to be inserted, or copy/pasted to a new email.

If you've received this publication as a forward and wish to subscribe
you may easily do so from online forms in these two locations:
http://www.don-guitar.com/subsmanager.html
//www.freelists.org/list/donspatch

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Photo/video information site with tutorials.
http://www.photoi.org/home/

A portrait art tutorial site, lots of info.
http://www.portrait-artist.org/

Resource for costless products and web development.
http://www.proxy318.com/?pid=1

Dedicated digital media hosting service.
http://www.putfile.com/

Quick, Easy-N-Fast Recipes.
http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/quickneasy/index.htm

Dinosaur Comics and some fun T-Shirts.
http://www.qwantz.com/

Gallery of Regrettable Food. This one's a gas, folks. Really.
http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/spec.html

Richard Hawkins' synergetic geometry images.
http://www.newciv.org/Synergetic_Geometry/

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum.
http://www.rockhall.com/

Memphis Rock and Soul Museum.
http://www.memphisrocknsoul.org/home.htm

Information on over 95,000 schools in the U.S., Guam,
Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
http://www.schoolbug.org/

Information about science, technology and the developing world.
http://www.scidev.net/index.cfm

The ESO/ST-ECF Science Archive.
http://archive.eso.org/

Who invented Velcro?
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mvelcro.html

News from NASA.
http://science.nasa.gov/default.htm

The Semaphore flag-signaling system.
http://www.anbg.gov.au/flags/semaphore.html

Senior home care options and resources.
http://www.seniormag.com/index.html

In our own way, many of us are Diggers.
http://www.diggers.org/top_entry.htm

Lots of interesting content available on their website. Requires Shockwave
to view. Games and much more.
http://shockrave.macromedia.com/

Alternative art, music, jazz, more.
http://www.sinewaves.it/

The Sony Pictures website.
http://www.sonypictures.com/

Use Spell Checker in Outlook Express without the need to
purchase other software.

The site for lovers of mystery books.
http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/

Record Internet Radio broadcasts.
http://www.stationripper.com/

Record streaming mp3 to your hard drive.
http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/

Invaluable source for building, repairing or just understanding
stringed instruments.
http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/

Mathematical Sciences Research Institute.
http://www.msri.org/

You probably know if you're under stress. Here's a test anyway.
http://www.weblab.org/workingstiff/stressometer/index.html

How to tell if someone is having a stroke.
http://info.stroke.org/site/PageServer?pagename=SYMP

Original and independent articles, discussions, and courses.
http://www.suite101.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

My feedback form: http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

I welcome all comments, suggestions, or criticism.   The form
doesn't access your email client (it's a CGI form), so your
privacy is assured.

If you know of a website that would be a good candidate for this
ezine, please pass it on via our online feedback form (link above).

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

More and more, the web is about access.  http://www.eprints.org/

Institutionalized sustainability (*grin*).  http://www.sustainer.org/

Ok, this is sorta cool  http://www.igorshpak.net/
but I already do most of this stuff with ToniArts EasyCleaner.
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

Not long ago my PC experienced an operator-induced catastrophic
crash (yes, it was my fault doggone it) and I was able to recover
most everything using a copy of BartPE that I'd picked up at a
Highland Lakes Computer Club meeting (thanks a million Dale)
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
But I might just as easily have been able to rescue my data
with this tool.  http://www.sysresccd.org/

Great sites for educators
http://www.teachersnetwork.org/
http://www.ilovethatteachingidea.com/index.htm
and one for teachers, parents, and students.
http://www.tekmom.com/

The Jean-Paul Agnard's cylinder phonographs collection.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/jean-paul.agnard/phonograph/collection.htm

Early Recorded Sounds and Wax Cylinders.
http://www.tinfoil.com/default.htm

Science online, from the Australian Broadcasting Company.
http://www.abc.net.au/science/
A goodly number of other subjects from ABC.
http://www.abc.net.au/subjects.htm

A media intense site that looks to be aimed at the high school set.
http://www.the-n.com/

You can learn a lot about Tubas from Dan Schultz, The Village Tinker,
from Newburgh, Indiana.   http://thevillagetinker.com/

Games, puzzles, pastimes & family leisure.  http://thinks.com/

The Tico Ethnobotanical Dictionary.
http://www.ars-grin.gov/duke/dictionary/tico/

I love Latin music and one of the true
giants of Latin music is Tito Puente.
http://www.musicofpuertorico.com/en/tito_puente.html
http://www.onlinetalent.com/Tito_Puente_homepage.html
http://www.gale.com/free_resources/chh/bio/puente_t.htm
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005328/
http://www.lpmusic.com/Pros_That_Play_LP/Players_Roster/puente.html
http://www.justsalsa.com/music/titopuente/
http://www.east-harlem.com/mt/archives/000027.html
http://www.mickeyhart.net/Pages/Artists/tito.HTML
Tito's son may be carrying on the tradition.
http://www.titopuentejr.net/

Whether you have Winamp
or Media Player Classic.
http://snipurl.com/fcda
if you've a fast enough connection, shoutcast is awesome.
http://www.shoutcast.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Archives for this ezine are available online here:
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/

The current issue is also available on my website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/currentissue.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Old news but worth remembering.  http://snipurl.com/jx43

A vast repository of toonological knowledge.  http://toonopedia.com/

Topo maps.   http://www.topozone.com/default.asp

View a given website in 3D cyberspace.
http://www.touchgraph.com/TGGoogleBrowser.html

Difficult to pronounce (trinp) and seekers of truth & relevance may or
may not find clues to enlightenment here.  http://www.trinp.org/

Some disquieting before/after images.
http://homepage.mac.com/demark/tsunami/

The vast wasteland moves online.  http://www.tv.com/

Understanding the U.S. Federal Courts  http://snipurl.com/l1sj

Care to learn a simple computer language?
http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/unicorn/index.htm

Fill out this form to receive free information about UN Stamps and
other products.  http://www.un.org/Depts/UNPA/freeinfo.htm

The history of the universe in 200 words or less.
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3fs8i/hist/hist.html

Cities in the U.S. of A.
http://officialcitysites.org/
http://www.usacitylink.com/

A collection of articles on usability, web design, and information
architecture.  http://www.uie.com/articles/

The Landsat website.  http://landsat.usgs.gov/index.php

Vine's expository dictionary of new testament words.
http://www.menfak.no/bibel/vines.html

The vintage computer festival.  http://www.vintage.org/

Virtual geography department project.
http://www.colorado.edu/geography/virtdept/contents.html

Visual satellite observer.   http://www.satobs.org/

The astrophysics visualization archive.
http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/hp/vo/ava/index.html

In the world of animation, the voices are as important as the artists.
http://www.voicechasers.com/index.php

Some interesting computer wallpapers from CloudEight.
http://thundercloud.net/wallpaper/

International war veterans' poetry archives.   http://iwvpa.net/

Water structure and behavior.
http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/index.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Websites Everyone Should Know About.

These aren't sponsors, they're the best of Internet
publications and I highly recommend them all.

http://askTCL.com
http://www.langa.com
http://www.tourbus.com
http://www.lockergnome.com
http://www.neatnettricks.com
http://www.scotsnewsletter.com
http://www.tricksandtrinkets.com
http://marylaine.com/neatnew.html

============== Humor =============

Musician's Humor, Part VIII

Vibrato: Used by singers to hide the fact that they are on the wrong pitch.

Did you hear about the Tenor who was so arrogant the other Tenors noticed?

Q: How can you tell when a singer is at your door?
A: The can't find the key, and they never know when to come in.

Q: How do you get two bass players to play in unison?
A: Hand them charts a half-step apart.

Q: What's the difference between a dead chicken in the road, and a dead
trombonist in the road?
A: There's a remote chance the chicken was on its way to a gig.

============== Tips ===============

http://www.library.cornell.edu/preservation/tutorial/contents.html
http://www.internic.net/faqs/authoritative-dns.html
http://www.duxcw.com/index.html
http://www.educationonlineforcomputers.com/
http://www.emunix.emich.edu/~krause/Tips/

======== Reader Contributions =========

Jo-Ann Burton is a wonderful friend.  We didn't grow up
together, and we've never met in person but she's my
sister.  I sometimes harvest links that she posts to her
Yahoo group (to which I belong).
Here's a few, from Jo-Ann:

Check your credit.
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Mike's classic cartoon themes & images.
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/toons-B.html

'Frivolous' lawsuits news.
http://www.atla.org/pressroom/facts/frivolous/index.aspx

Fun stuff from Netscape.
http://channels.netscape.com/atplay/funfacts.jsp

The Google print controversy.  http://snipurl.com/jb5e

Common heraldic devices.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/your_history/family/heraldry_1.shtml

Civil justice statistics.   http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/civil.htm

A "G" rated study resource for junior high, high school, college
students, teachers and home schoolers.
http://www.pinkmonkey.com/index2.asp

The awesome artwork of my friend Patrick.  http://snipurl.com/l1tm

Rocky and Bullwinkle.  http://www.everwonder.com/david/bullwinkle/

Directory of search engines.  http://www.searchenginecolossus.com/

How to host a Nancy Drew party.
http://www.nancydrewsleuth.com/sleuthparties.html

Here's a few sites I got from my Australian friend
Tim Skyrme.   http://www.artzend.com/

The museum of computer art.  http://moca.virtual.museum/

(Costless apps) from Moor computer productions.
http://www.moor-software.com/

I read enough to learn that I'm doing my ezine all wrong!  *grin*  I
guess it's a geek thing.  http://www.myownezine.com/

Graphics plugins are little utilities that Photoshop, PSP, The Gimp
Irfanview, XnView and many other programs can use to create various
special effects.   (Costless) plugins are fairly easy to find and fun to
use.
http://thepluginsite.com/
http://www.plugsnpixels.com/index.html

A tech/media resource.   http://www.digifreq.com/

Some PSP tuts.
http://www.screaming-art.com/tutorials.php
http://www.artdept.com.au/psp_robrow/

Irving Stein is a subscriber and regular contributor to our ezine.
He's also one of the online computer experts at
http://www.allexperts.com  where his identity is "Irving S".
You might also enjoy his thought provoking website:
http://www.irvings-info-page.cityslide.com
Here are some sites that Irving sent me for this issue:

A webcam portal.  http://www.abcwebcam.com/

A computer help forum.  http://forums.askmaggymae.com/index.php

Irv likes the A-ToolBar.  http://www.metaeureka.com/download.shtml

I think Irv sent this one in an email.  I had a hard time finding it on
a website.  http://shyguy2002.blogdrive.com/comments?id=66

Advice columns, alerts, and tips.  http://www.datadoctors.com/help/

A useful guide for XP users.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/DiagnoseXP.html

Today's front pages.  http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/

Here's another one I had trouble finding on a web page.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4754996

Windows FAQs, plus tips n' tricks.  http://www.infopackets.com/

Men's health (reader discretion advised).
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/homepage.do

Here's a good one from Patrick Barden.  First, "what's an IVR?"
http://paulenglish.com/ivr/info.html
Once you know what it is, the IVR cheat sheet is a cool thing.
http://paulenglish.com/ivr/

Thanks Jo, Tim, Irv and Patrick.

=================================

Alright, this one's a wrap.   I didn't expect to get it done this
quickly but Lisa's getting real good at helping me.  As of this
moment we haven't updated our personal news page but
there's a fair chance we'll get to it before next year (get it?).
If your'e at all interested, you might check it in a couple of days.
http://www.don-guitar.com/babbleon.html

See you next time.

Don Crowder and Lisa Miller
Saturday, December 24, 2005
11:59 PM CST - Tow, TX, USA

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Privacy:  I will never share, sell, or
otherwise compromise your email address.

Privacy Policy on my website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/privacy.html

Freelists.org Privacy Policy.
//www.freelists.org/privacy.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

The most important people on the Internet, for you and I as computer
users, are software developers.  The world's coolest computer, without
software, is like a car without fuel.  It might look great, but what
can it do?  It doesn't matter who produces the software you love and
use regularly, the developers of that software need your support.

A bit of advice from Internet veteran Bayard J. Fox:

New computer users are often in awe of the things you can get without
cost on the Internet.  There can be hidden costs for the unwary. Use a
"throw away" email address to register, and be constantly on guard
against giving away personal information.  Use a firewall, and provide
only the barest minimum of information on questionnaires.

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This is a reader-supported publication.   You can show your support by
making a contribution in any amount you choose:
http://www.don-guitar.com/donations.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª