[donspatch] 2004-08-01

  • From: "Don Crowder" <guitarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Don's Patch" <donspatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:46:35 -0500

Don's Patch Issue #2004-08-01 from http://www.don-guitar.com

Hello again gentle readers.  The editor geek is still seeking
gainful employment and I've finally added my donations page
to the website.  It you'd like to reward my efforts with this
publication by making a donation, you may do so here.
http://www.don-guitar/donations.html

I'm still experimenting with my basic template for this ezine.
Moving this opening message to the top is one obvious
change.   You may notice other differences.  Let me know
if you like them.

I've had one request for making this an HTML publication.
 As a concession to that request I'll soon begin placing
the most recent issues on a web page of my site
(as I did with the maxpatch ezine) and will place links
to those web pages in every issue.  This publication will
however remain in the plain text format because it permits
me more content and fewer complications in publishing.

Another reader commented that I really need more subscribers
and that too is something I'll soon begin working on but it very
much matters to me how I attract new subscribers.  I have no
gift for, or interest in, advertising and promotion.  I refuse to
place ads in this publication unless I can find a sponsor who's
products or services I can recommend with no reservations
and even then I'll retain editorial control of those ads.  I'm
not Paul Harvey but I like his style and I intend to emulate it
to the extent I'm able.

I'd much prefer to acquire new subscribers by referral.  If you,
my subscribers, think enough of this ezine to tell your friends
about it that's fine with me and if I gain an occasional new
subscriber in the process, that's even better.

Remember, your input is always welcome.  I value your suggestions
and comments, and I'm always willing to help you find answers to
your computer and Internet questions.

My feedback form: http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

A good one for photo enthusiasts.  http://www.photo.net/

Philosophy in Cyberspace (heavy stuff here).
http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~dey/phil/

Some interesting costless stuff and some especially for Excel
users.  http://www.pindersoft.com/Freeware.htm

Animated Books of the Bible.
http://www.flixprod.com/abible.html

Some costless apps.  http://www.sundaysw.com/sw/index.html
and wallpaper.  http://www.sundaysw.com/swp/index.html

A pretty cool homework help site for students.
http://www.studentsonly.net/

Online dictionary of computing.
http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/index.html

Caller ID software can make your expensive computer into
an inexpensive phone accessory *grin*.
http://www.fonxl.com/

I created a smaller version of the flag of the world,
which is now on the home page of my web site,
 using this nifty little app.
http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/

Some apps need to be mentioned often because they're just
worth it.  Every issue of this ezine and all the pages on my
website were created with NoteTab Light.  I've put off upgrading
to NoteTab Pro a long time but no longer.  I just wrote the
check and it goes in the mail tomorrow.
http://www.fookes.com/notetab/index.php
The author has another nice application that's quite popular.
http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.php

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª
This publication is only mailed to verified double opt-in subscribers,
and is brought to you by me, Don Crowder, and //www.freelists.org
ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

I recently did google searches on the words "peace" and "war"
and the results weren't what I expected.  I'll list the more
interesting results here, without descriptions, so that you'll have
the pleasure of exploration just as I did.

Sites found with a google search on the word "Peace":
http://www.ipacademy.org/
http://csf.colorado.edu/peace/
http://www.bridgesforpeace.com/
http://www.bpf.org/html/home.html
http://www.peace.ca/
http://www.coldwar.org/
http://www.fundforpeace.org/
http://www.gn.apc.org/
http://www.greenpeace.org/international_en/
http://www.haguepeace.org/
http://www-hoover.stanford.edu/
http://www.iwpr.net/home_index_new.html
http://www.ipb.org/web/index.php
http://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/
http://www.kidspeace.org/
http://www.life-peace.org/
http://www.nobel.no/index.html
http://www.nonviolence.org/
http://www.trinstitute.org/ojpcr/
http://www.pathways-to-peace.com/
http://www.peace-action.org/
http://www.un.org/peace/
http://www.peacecorps.gov/
http://www.peaceeducation.com/
http://www.peace-not-war.org/
http://www.peacepilgrim.net/
http://www.prio.no/
http://pax.protest.net/
http://www.openheart.com/peace/
http://www.sacredsites.com/
http://www.worldpeace.org/
http://www.rfpi.org/
http://www.wcrp.org/
http://www.seedsofpeace.org/index.cfm?id=1
http://www.sipri.se/
http://www.sojo.net/
http://www.transnational.org/
http://www.traprockpeace.org/
http://www.usip.org/
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/
http://www.veteransforpeace.org/
http://www.vfp.org/
http://www.wagingpeace.org/
http://www.wilpf.org/
http://www.witnessforpeace.org/

Sites found with a google search on the word "War":
http://www.civilwarhome.com/
http://sunsite.utk.edu/civil-war/
http://www.antiwar.com/
http://www.awm.gov.au/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/war/wwone/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/war/wwtwo/
http://members.aol.com/jfepperson/causes.html
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/cwphtml/cwphome.html
http://www.civil-war.net/
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cold.war/
http://costofwar.com/
http://www.crimesofwar.org/
http://www.cwgc.org/cwgcinternet/search.aspx
http://www.defendamerica.mil/
http://www.firstworldwar.com/
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWW.htm
http://www.idleworm.com/nws/2002/11/iraq2.shtml
http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/WWII_Women/tocCS.html
http://www.pbs.org/greatwar/
http://www.iwm.org.uk/
http://www.koreanwar.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/
http://www.wwiimemorial.com/
http://home.earthlink.net/~poetry61-65/
http://www.poetsagainstthewar.org/
http://www.warresisters.org/
http://www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/
http://www.stopwar.org.uk/
http://www.civilwar.com/
http://users.tibus.com/the-great-war/
http://www.pitt.edu/~pugachev/greatwar/ww1.html
http://www.historyplace.com/civilwar/
http://www.cwc.lsu.edu/
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/vietnam.html
http://www.vietnampix.com/
http://www.warchild.org/
http://carlisle-www.army.mil/
http://warincontext.org/
http://www.cia.gov/terrorism/
http://www.waronwant.org/
http://www.newseum.org/warstories/
http://www.wtj.com/index_flash.htm
http://www.war-times.org/
http://www.why-war.com/
http://www.euronet.nl/users/wilfried/ww2/ww2.htm
http://www.worldwar1.com/
http://history.acusd.edu/gen/WW2Timeline/start.html
http://www.lib.byu.edu/~rdh/wwi/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª
At the time this issue was posted, the current
subscriber count for this publication was 235.
ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

A computer help site.  http://www.footslog.com/

Computer hardware info.  http://www.sharkyextreme.com/

Forbes magazine online.  http://www.forbes.com/

Found stuff.  http://www.foundmagazine.com/

Resources for audio recording buffs.
http://www.topsitelists.com/start/audioring/topsites.html

CGI resources for your website.
http://www.free-cgi.com/freecgi/index.asp

A fancier alternative to Windows Minesweeper.
http://www.numberonefree.com/

An interesting tool.  http://www.phraseexpress.com/

A couple of apps for Mac users.
http://www.peda.com/iTime/
http://www.peda.com/NETime/

Interesting screensavers.  http://www.pegtop.de/screensaver/

Pencils and flags.  Nice concept.  http://www.pencilflag.com/

A source for drivers.  http://www.perfectdrivers.com/

An interesting U.K. magazine.  http://www.permaculture.co.uk/

The website of an automobile museum.
http://www.petersen.org/

If the words "Executable Compressor" mean nothing to you
skip this one.  http://www.un4seen.com/petite/

If there's a Petro's Chili & Chips near you, here's a kid's
contest.  http://www.petros.com/1.22/html/h_kids.htm

Petty-Cash is designed for any organization that allocates
cash to branch or office managers for incidental expenses.
http://www.easysoftwareuk.com/pcash.htm

San Diego Navy Trip (photo tour).
http://www.public.asu.edu/~jhaling/

A couple of sites for Adobe Photoshop users.
http://www.photoshopfocus.com/index.htm
http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/

photoSIG is a community of photographers and photography
enthusiasts, ranging from amateurs to working professionals.
http://www.photosig.com/

PicoBSD is a one floppy version of FreeBSD 3.0-current, which
in its different variations allows you to have secure dialup access,
small diskless router or even a dial-in server.
http://people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/picobsd.html
"What's FreeBSD" you ask?
http://www.freebsd.org/index.html

Little Explorers, picture dictionary with links.
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/Dictionary.html

A costless way to protect photos on the web.
http://www.picture-shark.com/index.htm

An image viewer for DOS and Windows.  http://www.pictview.com/

"Borrowing" someone else's website design may or may not get
you into legal trouble over copyright infringement but it's likely
to get you showcased here.  http://www.pirated-sites.com/

The Picture and Sound Show is a 32-bit screen saver for Windows
that enables you to create your own slide shows from pictures
and sounds on your computer.
http://www.joeltechnologies.com/PSindex.html

 Jen Funk Segrest gets very annoyed when anyone abuses her
rights but she also offers some very nice wallpaper.
http://www.pixeldecor.com/

The Plain Text Gazette.  http://www.plain-text.co.uk/gazette.htm

It costs nothing to read the classics in PDF format.
http://www.planetebook.com/

PlanetQuest, the search for another earth.
http://planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov/

PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that
is especially suited for Web development and can be
embedded into HTML.   http://www.php.net/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª
If you'd like to help promote this non-commercial publication, please
forward this ezine to anyone you know who might appreciate it.
To spare them the forwarding carets (>>>>these things) I suggest
you copy/paste the ezine to a new email window, or save the
ezine as a text file to be inserted, or copy/pasted to a new email.

If you've received this publication as a forward and wish to subscribe
you may easily do so from online forms in these two locations:
http://www.don-guitar.com/subsmanager.html
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list.fcgi?list_id=4343
ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Adventures in MS Flight Sim 2000/2002
(The Poor Mans Airplane).  http://www.sciencedrive.com/markk/

Information and resources on computer hardware.
http://iamnotageek.com/

Interesting facts about ants.  http://www.lingolex.com/ants.htm

Nice stationary for Incredimail users.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/koleary/

Bob Hope's official site.  http://www.bobhope.com/

The language is a small obstacle, but, set the elevation with
the slider at left, click OK,  then select the powder charge by
clicking the up/down arrow and click OK, then click to fire
the cannon.  A cute little game that's hard to win.
http://thisismysecretlab.free.fr/jeux/Canonman.htm

Everyone has received a "Couldn't find ****.dll..."
message at some time.  http://www.dll-files.com/

I don't like the fact that Dr. M's geocities site has a few
pop-ups but the contents are worth the trouble.
http://snipurl.com/812a

Food, fun, games and not too terribly much commercial
content on this site.  http://www.fromdebbieskitchen.com/

Game-Tracker is a costless, open source game serve
 browser.   http://www.game-tracker.com/

Hollywood Legends.  Pick a celebrity on the left.
http://www.hollywoodlegends.com/

If you're "into" facts and don't mind the pop-up or the
many ads, this is interesting.
http://www.hookedonfacts.com/

International Jack Benny fan club.  http://www.jackbenny.org/

Interesting facts about Japan.
http://mi.essortment.com/japanislandsri_riuq.htm

Receive email alerts every time Microsoft Publishes new Support or
Knowledge Base articles.  http://www.kbalertz.com/

Hey, I'm not buying but I do love to look.
http://www.lindtusa.com/

Interesting facts about the woolly mammoth.
http://www.uen.org/Centennial/12AdaptationA.html
The above link is supposed to be a lesson plan but is also
interesting reading and there's more where it came from.
http://www.uen.org/Centennial/

Official web site of Mickey Rooney.  http://www.mickeyrooney.com/

Composers offering Midi files on the net (portal).
http://aitech.ac.jp/~ckelly/SMF.html

All sorts of national statistics.  http://www.nationmaster.com/

Parenting magazine.  http://www.indianchild.com/index.htm
Another site for parents.  http://www.parents.com/

Lyrics and sometimes Midis for hundreds of songs.
http://www.rienzihills.com/SING/

A sporadic but pretty cool comic strip.
http://www.qwerty-net.com/

A young peoples site that's fairly commercial but does have
some interesting content.  http://www.realkids.com/

A history of Jazz before 1930.  http://www.redhotjazz.com/

Official site of Red Skelton.  http://www.redskelton.com/

A little off the beaten path.  The rumor mill news agency.
http://www.rumormillnews.com/

Are you Samoan?  Do you know someone who is?
http://www.choohoo.com/

A good site for History enthusiasts.  http://www.historynet.com/

The unsinkable RMS Titanic.
http://www.sciencedrive.com/mitchk/titanic.htm#titanic

A site about volcanoes. http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vw.html

A site about Western Newfoundland.
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ae050/Profile.html

This one's been making the email rounds and has some
good logical information in it.
http://www.fromdebbieskitchen.com/YouCantBeToCareful.htm

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª
My feedback form: http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

I welcome all comments, suggestions, or criticism.   The form
doesn't access your email client (it's a CGI form), so your
privacy is assured.

If you know of a website that would be a good candidate for this
ezine, please pass it on via our online feedback form (link above).
ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Windows XP has the built in ability to open zip files but older
Windows platforms don't.  Here's a nice simple solution.
http://free-backup-software.net/index.htm
This one may be even better.
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nulifetv/freezip/index.html
but if you need a lot more functionality and capabilities in
your file compression tool, this one's my favorite.
http://www.7-zip.org/

A journalism site from the U.K.  http://www.journalism.co.uk/

A nice online games site.  http://www.billsgames.com/

Do you need a GED?  Here's a helpful site.
http://www.free-ed.net/fr10/

When I was a kid I sent off for a lot of posters from rock and
roll bands.  These days, this is more my speed.
http://www.grisales-russ.com/poster.htm

Sometimes the easiest way to set up your own web site
is to use a prefabricated template.
http://www.hypergurl.com/webtemplate.html
http://winstart.com/template/sida1.shtml

A Perl source.  http://www.freeperlcode.com/

Despite their overuse of the filter sensitive four letter word
that begins with "f" and ends with "e" this product has ads
in it and they're fairly aggressive about wanting to sell you
the upgraded product.  On the other hand the games are
very nice if you can live with the ads.
http://www.123freesolitaire.com/

I dislike most sites that are dedicated to "costless" things
but on balance, this one isn't as bad as most.
http://www.thefreesite.com/
nor is this one but I don't like it as much.
http://www.freebielist.com/

Wilder Security hosts a few applications that can no longer
be found anywhere else, like DLExpert for example (which
I use and like very much).  I think this page may be part
portal, with links to other sites, but at least some of the
links point to apps hosted on their system.
http://www.wilders.org/free_tools.htm

A few sites with costless apps of one sort or another.
http://www.geocities.com/tvdarekz/
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/jobbs/79/index.html
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bill.macdiarmid/freeware.htm
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/wormsoft/Freebies.htm
http://poptray.crause.co.za/
http://popup.jscentral.com/
This one's really extensive, requiring a lot of exploration
and it will help if you speak a little French.
http://decwarch.free.fr/

Who wants to be a Free Agent?  http://www.freeagentnation.com/

I always feel suspicious when a company attaches a lot of hype
to giving things away and this site really "pushes my button" in
that respect but if anyone less suspicious than me is willing to
try one of these I'd appreciate some feedback on it.
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

There seems to be a website for everything these days.
http://www.talksurgery.com/

Exploring this series of exhibits will take you on a journey
through the history of the Earth, with stops at particular
points in time to examine the fossil record and stratigraphy.
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/exhibit/geology.html

A couple of poetry resources.
http://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/
http://www.poetry.com/

I'm not much of a gamer but if you are, you'll love Pogo.
http://www23.pogo.com/

A forecast for allergy sufferers.  http://pollen.com/Pollen.com.asp

Movie reviews for generation "X".
http://www.hotpopcorn.com/play.html

Some nice Windows tips and other goodies.
http://accessfp.net/webcrafttutorials.htm

Library of Congress, portals to the world.
http://www.loc.gov/rr/international/portals.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª
Archives for this ezine are available online here:
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/
ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Jo-Ann Burton is a wonderful friend.  We didn't
grow up together, and we've never met in person
but she's my sister.  I harvest links that she posts
to her Yahoo group (to which I belong).

Twenty-five questions you should be able to answer
about the U.S. Constitution.
http://www.federalist.com/histdocs/constitutiontest.htm

Fabric care center.
http://www.fabriclink.com/fabriccare.html

Fake, or Photo?
http://www.alias.com/eng/etc/fakeorfoto/quiz.html

About famous people.  http://www.aboutfamouspeople.com/

Fashion history and costume eras, Victorians to
Haute Couture.  http://www.fashion-era.com/

Funny pets.  http://www.funny-pets.com/

Giraffes.  http://www.giraffes-giraffes.com/

Grimms Fairy Tales.  http://snipurl.com/83xi

Habitat for Humanity.  http://www.habitat.org/

Explanation of History.  http://www.historyexplained.com/

History's Women.  http://www.historyswomen.com/

Check your movie IQ - 3907 film trivia questions.
http://www.hugemoviequiz.com/

Lightning injury research program.
http://www.uic.edu/labs/lightninginjury/index.htm

Magnolia Society.  http://www.magnoliasociety.org/

Medieval English towns.
http://www.trytel.com/~tristan/towns/towns.html

There's more to bicycles than you think.
http://www.pedalinghistory.com/

Skydiving portal (why would anyone jump out of a
perfectly good airplane?)
http://www.enclave.com/links/pages/index.html

Tudor History.  http://www.tudorhistory.org/

No sails, no engines - just raw human energy
from Vancouver to Moscow.
http://www.vancouvertomoscow.com/

The Vatican library.
http://bav.vatican.va/en/v_home_bav/home_bav.shtml

Victorian Political History: An Overview (a large site).
http://www.victorianweb.org/history/histov.html

History in pictures.  http://www.picturehistory.com/

A collection of word oddities and trivia.
http://members.aol.com/gulfhigh2/words.html

Scientists have released a tool to help the 12 million
UK workers suffering the everyday nightmare of
coping with tiredness in the workplace.
http://66.70.71.175/start.html

Thanks Jo.

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª
Websites Everyone Should Know About
These aren't sponsors, they're the best of
Internet publications and I highly recommend
them all.
http://askTCL.com
http://www.langa.com
http://www.tourbus.com
http://www.lockergnome.com
http://www.neatnettricks.com
http://www.scotsnewsletter.com
http://www.tricksandtrinkets.com
http://marylaine.com/neatnew.html
ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

                   Contributions from
              reader and friend Lisa Miller
       http://www.don-guitar.com/lisamain.html

Common Cents, which is the real penny?
http://snipurl.com/52yx

The Georgia O'Keeffe online gallery.
http://www.happyshadows.com/okeeffe/

The Dysfunctional Section of a Hallmark Store.
http://www.walkradio.com/wbc/testing123.html

A man and his wife were having some problems at
home and were giving each other the silent treatment.
The next week, the man realized that he would need
his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning
business flight to Chicago. Not wanting to be the first
to break the silence (and lose), he wrote on a piece
of paper, "Please wake me at 5:00 AM."
The next morning the man woke up, only to discover it
was 9:00 AM and that he had missed his flight. Furious,
he was about to go and see why his wife hadn't woken
him when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed.
The paper said, "It is 5:00 AM. Wake up."

(men just aren't equipped for these sort of contests)

Thanks Lisa.

============== Tips ===============

Human Tips.
http://www.geocities.com/one_human/tips.html

=================================

           Here's a few links I snagged from
          the Highland Lakes Computer Club
               http://pages.tstar.net/~hlcc/

Bypass compulsory web registration.
http://www.bugmenot.com/

"What is Favicon.ico?"   Personalize your site's bookmarks.
http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/favicon.shtml

ieSpell, a spell checker for Internet Explorer.
http://www.iespell.com/

A handy tool that can peek into the startup processes
of Windows.   http://www.mac-net.com/576482.page

A few costless apps.
http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/index.php

Windows Media Player: WMP mini FAQ.
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

Thanks HLCC

=================================

From reader and friend John.

Book TV.  http://www.booktv.org/

Bill Thompson's Eye on Books.
http://www.eyeonbooks.com/

John visited Fort Snelling, in Minnesota, recently and
says it's "must see" if you're in the neighborhood.
http://www.mnhs.org/places/sites/hfs/

With one click a day, you can make a difference.
http://www.thehungersite.com/

Space, science, health, and technology news and
information.  http://www.rednova.com/

Word Court.  http://www.wordcourt.com/i

Wordsmith.Org, home of A.Word.A.Day, a
newsletter, a book, Wordlovers' Library Project,
Internet Anagram Server, and more.
http://www.wordsmith.org/

Thanks John.

=================================

Here's some links from reader and friend Leslie.

She says this one is worth exploring.
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=clif_notes
The parent site is worth checking if you'd like
to have a blog of your own.  http://www.xanga.com/

When I clicked on this link it just froze up my browser
so I expect it's best suited to high speed connections,
but Leslie says this is a nice 3D chat site.
http://www.cybernetworlds.com/

Thanks Leslie.

=================================

Here's one from my long-time friend, reader, and
web sibling Vinette DePhillipe.  An interesting
collection of historical charts.
http://www.sharelynx.com/chartstemp/historical.php

Thanks Vi.

=================================

I know I have a few readers who try to visit the majority
of the links listed in this ezine.  If you're one of those
readers, please accept my apology.  You may not
be finished with this one before the next one is
published.  *grin*   Just for the record, the maxpatch
site is online again but there are a few housekeeping
links that lead to nowhere.

I added (and updated) a page of my favorite "costless
applications" to my website because I kept having
to refer to my file copy of the page to answer questions
I got in my email.  If you're interested, you'll find that
page here:  http://www.don-guitar.com/donspick.html

I've also enlarged Lisa Miller's section of my website
adding some of her recent artwork.  I think many of
you will enjoy these pages.  Have a look
http://www.don-guitar.com/lisamain.html

As time goes by and I continue to ascend the computer
and internet learning curve I hope to add more and more
content to my site.  I think it's a terrific adventure and I
hope you'll hang around to see how it comes out.
Thank you all.

Don Crowder - Saturday, July31, 2004

7:40 PM CST - Tow, TX, USA

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Privacy:  I will never share, sell, or
otherwise compromise your email address.

Freelists.org Privacy Policy.
//www.freelists.org/privacy.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª
The most important people on the Internet, for you and I as computer
users, are software developers.  The world's coolest computer, without
software, is like a car without fuel.  It might look great, but what
can it do?  It doesn't matter who produces the software you love and
use regularly, the developers of that software need your support.

A bit of advice from Internet veteran Bayard J. Fox:

New computer users are often in awe of the things you can get without
cost on the Internet.  There can be hidden costs for the unwary. Use a
"throw away" email address to register, and be constantly on guard
against giving away personal information.  Use a firewall, and provide
only the barest minimum of information on questionnaires.
ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª
You can show your support for this publication by making a
contribution in any amount you choose:
http://www.don-guitar.com/donations.html
ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª