[dokuwiki] Re: yikes - tatewake.com offline!

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 13:53:55 -0400

Oh, I see; this might be due to a problem with my style.ini

There's an entry in there for the print stylesheet, I don't think I've
got it set properly; see if changing that to point directly to the
print stylesheet fixes it.

On 5/3/07, Tobias Eigen <tobiaseigen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks, Terence -

I am able to replicate the problem I'm having on your tatewake wiki
too.. and am not getting it on the splitbrain wiki. Let me share my
question with the dokuwiki list, if you don't mind, and hopefully
someone else will have an insight into why this might be happening.

The long and short of it is this: when using the lovely monobook for
dokuwiki template, the "printable version" looks great on screen but
actually prints without stylesheets - so notes plugin formatting,
superscript, font etc are all not formatted correctly. When creating
PDF using apple's print to pdf or pdf995, the PDFs look just like the
printouts.

My hope is to have a printable/pdf version of wiki documents that
looks as close as possible to the online version.

Cheers,

Tobias

http://tatewake.com/wiki/wiki:talk:projects:monobook_for_dokuwiki#save_as_pdf

> I've popped an answer on the discussion page, but here it is anyway:
>
> The font can be changed in (I believe) print.css; I'm not sure offhand
> what section you'd need to add it to; there might be a font already
> defined by the print style sheet there. As far as the font is
> concerned, that's probably something within monobook that can be
> altered.
>
> I'm not sure offhand why the "notes" items wouldn't print the same way
> as displayed... That may be a problem with the stylesheets for
> "notes"?
>
> Even if you get the stylesheet fixed, if you're using FireFox, and
> possibly any other browser, you will probably have to enable "print
> background colors and images" to see things like the "note colors";
> you do this in "page setup" in FireFox; it's probably similar for
> other browsers as well.
>
> I'll take a look into this soon, I can't do it right now though.
> --
> --Terence J. Grant

Tobias Eigen
Co-Executive Director