[dokuwiki] Re: would you accept htaccess auth module into tree?

  • From: Jo Rhett <jrhett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:25:16 -0700

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 11:35:01AM +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> DokuWiki already uses the password and username supplied through HTTP
> basic auth if available in the latest devel release.

There is no password provided by basic auth.  Just the environment variable
telling you the username that was authenticated.

For our needs, we don't want dokuwiki trying to manage authentication.
This is managed on a site-wide basis.  We just want dokuwiki to recognize
the already authenticated user (and apply access controls to that user)

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek