[dokuwiki] using darcs ...

  • From: "Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe" <sameerds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:40:47 +0530

Hi,

I recently did a simple "darcs get" like the manual says ... would
like to know about a couple of things.

The repository got downloaded as a series of ~450 patches ... I looked
through the darcs manual, and there's this option "--partial" that
works with something called "checkpoints" created by the "darcs
optimise" command ... could that be used to reduce the number of
individual patches being downloaded? Every release could be a
checkpoint for example ...

Also, there is no Makefile to create a tarball from the repository
itself ... certain files in conf have a ".dist" extension which I
assume are meant to be processed before creating the tarball ... would
like to have a Makefile in the repository itself which can do that.
Basically something that works with the "darcs dist".

This information could also be added to the wiki:darcs and
wiki:development:guide pages ...

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay