[dokuwiki] Re: trustExternal, existing cookies

  • From: Brett Fountain <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 19:27:49 -0500

Is my problem so strange or difficult?  Is that why nobody is answering?

It looks as though DokuWiki was designed with modular functions to make this happen, but I need to see a working example or else some documentation that is a lot clearer than what I've found so far.

Thank you ~
Brett

On Sep 27, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Brett Fountain wrote:

Thank you, Bob, Andi ~

Yes, this is exactly the case in my scenario. The cookies *are* set on the same domain as the wiki installation.

I just have not yet found sufficient documentation for me to understand the DokuWiki hooks for auth/trustExternal/cookies. I've sent emails to a couple of people -- even offered to buy some beer ;) -- but was directed to this mailing list instead. I searched the mailing list archives before posting here, as well as the forum, and I can't find any solutions... only other people talking about their troubles with the same thing.

If there were a working example, I'd love to see its URL and its PHP code.

Thank you! ~
Brett

On Sep 26, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Andreas Gohr wrote:

Bob McConnell writes:

Brett Fountain wrote:
 Hello ~
I want to DokuWiki to use external cookie authentication: considering someone "authenticated" if they have certain cookies (name, email, groups) already set when they come to the wiki. If they don't yet have those cookies set, I want the wiki to bump them to a URL where they'll be authenticated. Seems easy enough, eh?
You might wish to reconsider this. Most browsers can be configured so they will only return cookies to the server that set them. So your wiki will never see those authentication cookies from the other server. This is a natural form of protection developed to protect from scripts that invoke hidden cross site links in order to plant a virus on your computer.

Right, cookies can only be shared when the applications involved are browsed through the same domain. Brett, is this the case in your scenario?