[dokuwiki] Re: translate your plugins

  • From: Sam Wilson <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:26:08 +0800

On 08/15/2013 03:23 AM, Andreas Gohr wrote:
Hi plugin authors,

here is another mail about Hackfest results aimed at you. In case you
haven't noticed: we have a new shiny interface up at
http:/translate.dokuwiki.org

This interface now allows you to register your DokuWiki plugins to be
translated by contributors. It's really simple, just head over to
http://translate.dokuwiki.org/plugin and register the git repository
of your plugin. If it's on github you will get pull requests for
translations, if it's somewhere else you get git patches by email.

So go register your plugins and make them as easily to translate as
DokuWiki itself.

Andi

(Last question from me, and I'll be quiet...)

What happens when one wants to change the English phrases used for localisation? I mean, to clarify or just reword, not to change the semantics of the thing. Does the translation tool mark these as needing re-translation, or does it just look for the same array keys in other languages (and if it finds them, assumes they're done and dusted and need no further attention)?

Thanks,
Sam.