[dokuwiki] Re: status of farms?

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 17:27:04 +0000

Hi,

Today I had a look at the "Directory (htaccess) Based Setup" of farms and updated my preload.php to combine both setups:
http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:farm2#more_flexible_variant_with_combined_setups

Does anyone know why tips:farm2 states that the farmer should always be a *clean* install (no data, no conf)? In my farm the farmer and the animals live happily alongside each other with their own data and conf (independent of the kind of setup, htaccess or virtual directory).

Christopher Smith wrote:
The things still missing are:
- farm management admin plugins.
-- create/remove animals. -- restrict config settings by animal (equivalent to setting local.protected, e.g. php=off)
-- restrict plugin availability by animal.
-- restrict template availability by animal.

- animal management admin plugin.
-- animal specific plugin page that allows enable/disable of plugins available to animal

There might be a simpler way to solve parts of these missing things:

* restrict plugin availability by animal
* restrict template availability by animal
* animal specific plugin page that allows enable/disable of plugins available to animal

What about adding two simple config options: disabletemplates and disableplugins? It would be desirable to make it a bit different to disableactions, though (maybe with $conf['disableplugin']['pluginname']). Because if the farmer needs to disable a plugin for an animal, it should be possible to put it into local.protected.php without taking away the possibility to disable and enable other plugins/templates.

Anika