[dokuwiki] Re: showing author name on every page

  • From: Bob McConnell <rmcconne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 18:58:38 -0400

Helge Kaltenbach wrote:
Hello list,

can someone tell me how I force my wiki to show the author name on every
page? Currently you can't add any pages to the wiki, if your not logged in.
Any ideas?

thanks in advance
helge

I did that to our company wiki a while ago. I had to replace the function in the page footer that shows the last changed date and user ID with a function that looks up the user name and inserts it in place of the ID. However, that still requires the user be logged in when updating the page, otherwise it won't know what user ID or name to insert. In our case, the wiki will allow anyone to view pages, but you have to log in before you can edit or add pages. We tried it the other way, but it was not possible to map the IP addresses to users, since the DHCP server doesn't always give everyone the same IP and a few machines that were being used are shared by several users.

I can't access that wiki from home, but can post my changes when I get back to the office on Tuesday.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP