[dokuwiki] Re: separate cookies for multiple wikis on the same site

  • From: "Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe" <sameerds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:16:10 +0530

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 08:45:05PM +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:

> I fixed this and also changed the code to use $conf['title'] for the
> MD5 sum. $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] is not very reliable on certain setups
> and $conf['title'] is already used in other places (session data) to
> keep different installations apart.

But $conf['title'] itself isn't so reliable ... people might not
bother to change the title at all, or might happen to use the same
title! It's basically user-level data, and should not be used for
internals. Why is PHP_SELF not reliable? I havn't worked on
platforms other than Apache on Linux ... is it likely to behave
differently on other platforms? At least the PHP documentation doesn't
mention that anywhere.

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay