[dokuwiki] Re: saving non-changing edits (was: better way?)

  • From: "Getz, Robin" <robin.getz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:54:39 -0400

On Thu 17 Nov 2011 07:01, Andreas Gohr pondered:
> > On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Getz, Robin <robin.getz@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> >> On Tue 15 Nov 2011 09:39, Andreas Gohr pondered:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> But if you do this, don't you loose which overlord approved the page in
the
> >> standard change history? That's a key part of the whole thing -
> >> traceability / responsibility. Which overlord is taking responsibility
for a
> >> minion's edits...
> >
> > But can't the name of the user who approved an edit be simply stored
> > in the metadata, too?
>
> As far as I can see in the code that's exactly how the plugin works already.
>
> Robin, I noticed that you have quite a few recent changes with
> "Approved" in the edit summary in your wiki. But I don't really see
> any code that would insert it there, so either I'm blind or you just
> manually add it to the summary when saving.

Blind.

./plugins/publish/conf/default.php:
4:   $conf['apr_approved_text'] = 'Approved';

./plugins/publish/action.php:
54:  $html = '<label class="nowrap" for="approved">
               <input type="checkbox" id="approved" name="approved"
                 value="1" tabindex=3
--->             onclick="{ return approval_checkbox(\'' .
                    $this->getConf('apr_approved_text') . '\'); }"
               />
              </label>';

When you haven't made any changes, and click the approve box, it fills in
the changelog with 'apr_approved_text'.

> The latter wouldn't work
> anymore with the suggested change (unless you edit anything in the
> text itself). Is that what you're refering to?

Yes. But your suggestion below is fine.
As long as we don't loose the tracking of who (and when) things were approved.

> The plugin already color codes approval status in the history, it
> would be easy to also add some more info in the history view. Eg,
> showing the original author name followed by "apprvoded by Overlord
> X".

Yeah, that would be great - "approved by Overlord X on XXX date".