[dokuwiki] release preparations

  • From: "Andreas Gohr" <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:35:39 +0100

Hi list!

Ha, you didn't expect that, eh? That's right. Instead of doing bugfix
release just for the ACL manager as I announced last year, I thought,
why not doing a real one.

To do that, we need a proper release plan of course. Here it is:

Now - fixing the bugs/features listed at devel:todo
January 21st - feature freeze
January 25th - Release Candidate 1
???
February 14th - Release

Yes, that's only 4 days between the feature freeze and the first RC. I
don't expect any big changes to be put into the core til January the
21st so it should be okay to release them early to get proper testing.

The current state seems to be very stable and "bug free" so it
shouldn't be too much work to stay with the plan.

Chris, Chi -- I think you two had some changes in the pipeline for
farming. If they should go in the release, please add them to the list
at devel:todo and tell me if you need any help there.

Everyone: it would be great if you could have a look at the bugs
linked at the mentioned page and provide feedback in the tracker
and/or send patches.

splitbrain.org