[dokuwiki] Re: proposal of changing file structure in conf folder

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:06:33 +0100

You think it is probably not worth it?
Making upgrading easier is not the only reason for me. It is more that this file structure "feels wrong". It is more a philosophical thing ... And as all reactions were positive so far, many users seem to agree. But all in all it is definitely not too important for me.

Hi Anika,

Your idea comes at a good time. The "wiki farm" implementation requires changes to the configuration cascade to accommodate farm wide configuration options. I have an idea for implementation that should be compatible between the current layout and your new config layout and support the requirements of farms.

If you would like to raise this as a feature request, feel free to assign it to me. I'll add implementation notes there rather than bore the list with them and with luck Andi will be happy with the final result. :)

- Chris