[dokuwiki] Re: proposal of changing file structure in conf folder

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:13:45 +0200

Andreas Gohr wrote:
Well if the filestructure bothers you while upgrading, you're doing it
wrong and are not following the official upgrade guide ;-)

Yes, I am not following the official upgrade guide.
Because I still believe the official guide is "wrong". ;-) It is likely to cause more troubles than the "secure" way and IMHO simply should not be applied to live production wikis.

The problem is that changing the filestructure would most probably
make the next upgrade more complicated in the hope to make the
following a tiny bit easier.

Hmmm ... Does this call for an "importoldconfig" action plugin?!

You think it is probably not worth it?
Making upgrading easier is not the only reason for me. It is more that this file structure "feels wrong". It is more a philosophical thing ... And as all reactions were positive so far, many users seem to agree. But all in all it is definitely not too important for me.

Anika