[dokuwiki] Re: proposal of changing file structure in conf folder

  • From: "Andreas Gohr" <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:57:33 +0200

Hi,

> Whenever I am upgrading a wiki or telling a customer what files to backup, I
> am unhappy with the file structure in the ./conf folder.

Well if the filestructure bothers you while upgrading, you're doing it
wrong and are not following the official upgrade guide ;-)

> I propose a ./conf/local folder like this:

Anyway, I like the idea. A patch that comes with a sensible solution
for upgraders would probably be accepted.

The problem is that changing the filestructure would most probably
make the next upgrade more complicated in the hope to make the
following a tiny bit easier.

splitbrain.org