[dokuwiki] Re: problem of setting file name encode option $fnencode to 'safe'

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 00:00:56 -0500

On 11/5/2010 10:42 PM, Choicky Chou wrote:
> PS, my wiki is hosted in www.dreamhost.com <http://www.dreamhost.com>.
> It is a linux server.
>
> *Best Regards*
> ----------------------------------
> 专利代理人 *周才淇* 敬上
>

> 2010/11/6 Choicky Chou <zhoucaiqi@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:zhoucaiqi@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     My wiki is located in http://ipsky.org/wiki . The file name encode
>     option $conf['fnencode'] is configured to "safe" (Default value is
>     "url").
>
>     In the recent rc-2010-10-07 and rc-2010-10-28 version, those wiki
>     pages that have Chinese page name are not linked correctly, while
>     those wiki pages that have English alphabet page name are still
>     correctly.
>     http://ipsky.org/wiki/start?do=index
>
>     The following drawing (or the attachment) illustrates the index of J
>     namespace. As shown in the drawing, the 'start' page exists and is
>     linked correctly, while the other Chinese pages do not exist. By the
>     way, each Chinese page is added a suffix of "txt".
>
>     index-of-j-namespace.PNG
>
>     I check the actual file name in my web host. All of the wiki pages
>     (Chinese page name or English page name) are saved as 'txt' file. If
>     I change the suffix '.txt' of Chinese pages into '..txt', the
>     Chinese wiki pages will be linked correctly. For example,
>     '%fr1%top%lh1.-2009%ims%g24%ijn%mjs.txt' is changed to
>     '%fr1%top%lh1.-2009%ims%g24%ijn%mjs..txt'. This is the index of D
>     namespace to which I have done the changes.
>
>     index-of-d-namespace.PNG
>
>     Interesting, if I change the 'start.txt' into 'start..txt', it will

That is because it has not been safe-encoded.

I've looked at your site and see your problem. .

Which version is currently on your web site?  10-07 (Lazy Sunday) or
10-27 (Busy Wednesday)?   Did you start over fresh when you moved to the
later version?  There was a problem in 10-07 with file names and the
.txt extensions:

//www.freelists.org/post/dokuwiki/Sitemap-and-fnencodesafe

Try installing the latest version from a fresh install, with no pages in
it.  Then see what happens if  you add pages.  It's possible that the
first version corrupted the file names of the second.

--
Myron Turner
http://mturner.org/