[dokuwiki] Re: print view and PDF export

  • From: Florian Feldhaus <florian.feldhaus@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:41:11 +0200

Jan Galinski schrieb:
Anyways, I think the future is not pdf export but odt(OpenOffice)
export. I work on this sneakily in the dark, but I think Andreas had
already write one.  ;) Right now, I am still learning odt format...

Latex (tex that is) algorithms to calculate page layout are superior
to the OpenOffice mechanisms (my experience). And why would you want
to edit the printable copy again? Only leads to differences between
web and print that need   to be tracked.

I love what you achieved with dokutextit so far, and I see lots of
improvements and opportunities in this area, and I would rather see
one good latex/wiki implementation then two avarage latex/wiki and
wiki/odt approaches.

Of course, you do this for fun and I dont pay you, so just take this
as my humble opinion, you are free to do ... you know.
I can fully acknowledge Jan here. (La)TeX has very good layout algorithms and I do like DokuTeXit very much. It has it's limitations, but I try to help where I can. A Word Processing Programm like OpenOffice brings different Layouts on different Platforms and versions. I think DokuTeXit is the best approach to produce pdf files. Perhaps we can find some people willing to contribute to the plugin and solve the remaining bugs? Danjer, would you help developing the plugin further?

Florian