[dokuwiki] Re: png's & ie

  • From: "Daniel Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:07:53 -0600

> here we dont agree, if i were in charge, IE users would just
> have to live with the fact that they are using an obviously
> bad browser, and therefore cant use everything properly.
>
> i know in most cases people would think its dokuwiki's fault,
> but some might switch to firefox or opera on winblows

 Of course, not everyone _can_ switch -- there's people at companies
where they can't change their software because they don't have those
permissions, there's internet cafes/web terminals/etc. Other browsers
are catching up, but IE/Windows is still the most popular browser out
there, and I suspect dokuwiki performing badly in that environment won't
be the thing that convinces people to make the shift.

 -- dan