[dokuwiki] Re: plugins: provide a syntax wiki page

  • From: chris <jugg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:12:54 -0700

Christopher Smith wrote:
But, why? isn't that the whole point of the internet. Provide a link and someone can follow it to find the information. What's the difference between clicking on a link to get another page on the wiki or a page from the web?

And another reason, external websites go offline... I was trying to edit a page on a wiki just now, and needed to lookup the syntax on a plugin, and the external link was down.

The tools necessary for editing a wiki should be self contained.

Anyway, this is an area I'd be interested in trying to solve as it interests me to do so. However, I'd like to solve it in a way that would be suitable for more people than just me. So suggestions are welcome.

chris