[dokuwiki] phpBB3 auth with DokuWiki 2010-11-07 "Anteater"

  • From: Carsten Fuchs <CarstenFuchs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:33:13 +0100

Hi all,

I've been using DokuWiki with the phpBB3 authentication integration at
        http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:integrate_with_phpbb3
but it stopped working after I upgraded from 2009-12-25c "Lemming" to 2010-11-07
"Anteater":
"Fatal error: Call to a member function sql_query() on a non-object in /homepages/18/d28239263/htdocs/ca3de/forum/includes/cache.php on line 51"
(unfortunately there are no other frames of the call stack provided).

There is a remark at the above page:
"Note that it does not function any more after the merge of the [[http://github.com/splitbrain/dokuwiki/commit/d7879495eef6e6a998f5d727304e88dfa5420108|requireall branch]] on 2010-03-12."

Somebody added another note near the bottom of the page:
"I found a solution to make it work with the most recent version of dokuwiki. You basically have to declare the global variables before the class is declared."
followed by some code, but that it very vague (which version did the author
really refer to?).

I'm not particularly familiar with the DokuWiki and phpBB3 code, so I was wondering if someone sees an obvious problem with the combination of the phpBB3 integration with the new DokuWiki release, and could help with a fix, or a hint, etc.

Many thanks and best regards,
Carsten

--
   Cafu - the open-source Game and Graphics Engine
for multiplayer, cross-platform, real-time 3D Action